NC Restaurant and park carry bill introduced - Page 2

NC Restaurant and park carry bill introduced

This is a discussion on NC Restaurant and park carry bill introduced within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The bill passed out of Jud A and is going back to the House. 2nd reading IIRC. Rep Hilton, Catawba, and others have added state ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NC Restaurant and park carry bill introduced

The bill passed out of Jud A and is going back to the House. 2nd reading IIRC. Rep Hilton, Catawba, and others have added state parks to the bill. SWEEEEEEET!!!!!! Unfortunately, Rep. Ross (from Castle Doctrine shame last year) has gotten her claws into it. She is trying to add and amendment that would allow waiters to ask if you are armed when ordering alcohol. Yeah, that'll work. I have not seen the bill come up on the House calendar, I could have missed it though. It's been busy at work. So I am not sure when the vote on the House floor is. Here is an article with more info on the above changes.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...-F6UfTEp2NXMlg
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

update?

Edition 3 has added state parks. Rep. Ross is still trying to poison the bill. Email your Reps if they are on the fence. It's been bounced around a lot. But I think it's headed back to the House for another vote. Support seems to be wavering, so let them hear from you. It's hard to tell from the bill page.

North Carolina General Assembly - House Bill 111 Information/History (2011-2012 Session)

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

hey cheif jason you may know me as papa bear. this is a subject that i have been pushing for a while now. these are stupid laws not only does it handicap the law abiding, it gives the bad guys a target choice.
    the fact that we have proven our reliability to carry and not allowed to is like we get a drivers license and following all the rules, then not being allowed to drive
    i have sent out emails every couple of days. and i have gotten a few responses from the state reps. most were positive ( though some were caned). one i found odd, but didn't save it

if everyone would please go to GRNC, Welcome to GRNC and get the mailing list and updates. i would especially ask those from other states, who would travel to our state to write to our reps and let them know that the laws as stand could be a deal breaker for you to come here and spend your dollars, Thanks

3rd reading is coming up. An amendment has been added to allow cities and counties to exempt parks with ball fields, playgrounds, swimming pool, or athletic facility. This is ridiculous! The one that needs to go is A2. Let your reps know!

Sorry for the late notice, but 3rd reading is Wednesday the 30th!

North Carolina General Assembly - House Bill 111 Information/History (2011-2012 Session)

If you need ideas.

I thank you for your support of HB 111. I am asking that you work to remove the amendment to allow exemption for parks with ballfields and playgrounds. Sometimes I wonder if our Representatives live in the same state I do? There are news reports of sexual predators, drug dealings, and gang activity in these same parks that they wish to continue disarming us in. There are more people, kids and adults, in a crowded Walmart than most parks. I can still carry a firearm there safely. In reality, the people that we would need to protect ourselves from do not care one bit about their silly amendment. And the criminals are the problem here. My problem is that the police simply cannot be everywhere to protect me and my family. But me and my wife can. However, politicians that seem to simply be ignorant of crime and the ability of law abiding citizens to safely carry a firearm wish keep us unable to defend ourselves.

Blood will not run in the parks, streets, restaurants, or anywhere else simply because law abiding citizens are allowed to carry firearms to defend themselves. But too often, the blood running is from a victim of a crime that was not allowed to keep the means to defend themselves. Please work to strike this amendment and pass a law that has some teeth to it. Can you actually point me to a park that does not have these things? There are very few. This would be no win for park carry if this passes.

Thank you for your service to Burke county and the Great State of North Carolina.

Sincerely,

You need one like Kansas .... you can carry anywhere other than Fedl facilities / property, the Govenors mansion & buildings, and any "building" that is posted with the approved AG signage. That's it. Parks, public areas, any outside area, etc. CANNOT be posted , period.... and the state law overrides everywhere or anything else in the state enacted by anyone.

It keeps it simple.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member

Update

Bill has passed the House, now on to the Senate.

House expands rights to carry concealed guns

RALEIGH, N.C. The state House has agreed to allow people with concealed weapons permits in North Carolina to take their pistols into restaurants that serve alcohol and public parks.

House members voted 74-42 on Wednesday in favor of expanding places where legally armed citizens can carry a gun. The bill now goes to the Senate.

The measure also would allow local government restrictions in parks around ball fields and swimming pools.
    House expands rights to carry concealed guns :: WRAL.com
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

First voting to expand the Castle Doctrine and now this. It's nice to see the new NC State Senate isn't wasting time injecting some common sense to laws pertaining to personal defense.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Bill has passed the House, now on to the Senate.
    Bear in mind that in it's current state you still cannot carry in 90% of local parks, unless the local Gov does not prohibit it. Think that will happen?

Good
    Restaurant carry
    State park carry

Bad
    Allows cities and counties to ban CC in parks with playgrounds, ballfields, swimming pools, and athletic facilities.

I guess it's for the children. Funny, my kids are a big part of why I carry and want to carry in parks.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Bear in mind that in it's current state you still cannot carry in 90% of local parks, unless the local Gov does not prohibit it. Think that will happen?

Good
    Restaurant carry
    State park carry

Bad
    Allows cities and counties to ban CC in parks with playgrounds, ballfields, swimming pools, and athletic facilities.

I guess it's for the children. Funny, my kids are a big part of why I carry and want to carry in parks.
    I was listening to the chamber audio feed when they debated the bill. The argument was that parents would argue calls during little league games, and start shooting because they would have guns with them.

Quote Originally Posted by playingD View Post
    I was listening to the chamber audio feed when they debated the bill. The argument was that parents would argue calls during little league games, and start shooting because they would have guns with them.
    These people live in an alternate universe. And we continue to elect them why? Was probably amusing though. I want to find out who voted on the Amendment, but they don't publish that info as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    These people live in an alternate universe. And we continue to elect them why? Was probably amusing though. I want to find out who voted on the Amendment, but they don't publish that info as far as I can tell.
    Here is the link to the results for that amendment. link to NCGA

Lead Moderator
    Looks like it passed in the House....... Congrats!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by playingD View Post
    Here is the link to the results for that amendment. link to NCGA
    Thanks, your the second person to point me to it. Somehow I managed to completely miss the tabs to get to it. At least my Rep voted against it. Maybe we can work on the Senate to clean it up.

Is there anyhing futher on Restaurants carry?

Did this bill just die or what is happening with it? Any info would be great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links