OK Campus Carry bills need your help to survive

This is a discussion on OK Campus Carry bills need your help to survive within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Howdy All! I've pasted a general alert we've put out in Oklahoma about our bills dying without receiving a hearing. While I don't want to ...

Thread: OK Campus Carry bills need your help to survive

Howdy All!

I've pasted a general alert we've put out in Oklahoma about our bills dying without receiving a hearing. While I don't want to spam Sen. Barrington with with out of state comments, please do contact him if you have an OK connection. Thanks in advance for the help!
    --Adrienne

Howdy!

My name is Adrienne OíReilly and Iím the Oklahoma director of Students for Concealed Carry on Campus. This year in Oklahoma we have four bills filed that wouldl allow concealed carry by licensed individuals on college campuses. Unfortunately, these bills are in danger of dying without ever being heard. We need supporters to contact Senator Don Barrington, the chair of the Senate Public Safety Committee, and ask him to please schedule a hearing for Senate Bill 858, our general campus carry bill, and Senate Bill 896, our faculty carry bill.

As a young female, this issue is important to me because I am forced to work and attend class in an environment where I donít have the ability to defend myself. Frankly, no matter what I do, I will never be as strong as my male counterparts, and a firearm is the only thing that would even the odds if someone were to attack me. We need to let Senator Barrington know how important this issue is to Oklahoma voters. Please call his office and ask him to schedule Senate Bills 858 and 896 for a hearing.

Here is his contact info:

Capitol office phone: 405-521-5563
    Room 515 in the Capitol building
    barrington@oksenate.gov

If you have any questions about this issue or what Students for Concealed Carry on Campus is doing in Oklahoma, please feel free to email me at
    oklahoma@concealedcampus.org.

Thank you for your help!

Adrienne O'Reilly
    Oklahoma Director
    Students for Concealed Carry on Campus
    oklahoma@concealedcampus.org

Hey Adrienne, this is Andy. Welcome to the forum! As always, let me know if there's anything I can help with; I'd be glad to.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Links