Texas Poised to Allow Concealed Carry On Campus by LAW

This is a discussion on Texas Poised to Allow Concealed Carry On Campus by LAW within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Texas Poised to Pass Bill Allowing Guns on Campus | CNSnews.com Texas Poised to Pass Bill Allowing Guns on Campus Monday, February 21, 2011 By ...

Thread: Texas Poised to Allow Concealed Carry On Campus by LAW

Exclamation Texas Poised to Allow Concealed Carry On Campus by LAW

Texas Poised to Pass Bill Allowing Guns on Campus | CNSnews.com

Texas Poised to Pass Bill Allowing Guns on Campus
    Monday, February 21, 2011
    By Jim Vertuno, Associated Press

Austin, Texas (AP) - Texas is preparing to give college students and professors the right to carry guns on campus, adding momentum to a national campaign to open this part of society to firearms.

More than half the members of the Texas House have signed on as co-authors of a measure directing universities to allow concealed handguns. The Senate passed a similar bill in 2009 and is expected to do so again. Republican Gov. Rick Perry, who sometimes packs a pistol when he jogs, has said he's in favor of the idea.

Texas has become a prime battleground for the issue because of its gun culture and its size, with 38 public universities and more than 500,000 students. It would become the second state, following Utah, to pass such a broad-based law. Colorado gives colleges the option and several have allowed handguns.

~SNIP~
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

This would be awesome. I wonder if this ever passes anywhere if it would be limited to current students only, or would it then make it legal for any CHL holder to carry?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Well in the past Rick Perry said he believed a CHL holder should be allowed to carry anywhere in the state. I am wondering if we are going to see another open carry bill. Last session it came up but they said they didn't think most people were ready for it yet. In the aftermath of the Tucson incident it might not be considered a good time for it.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Step in the right direction!
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

VIP Member
    Keep pushing Texas gun owners, it's working. Time for all those calls, letters and emails to your Senators and Reps!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    Keep pushing Texas gun owners, it's working. Time for all those calls, letters and emails to your Senators and Reps!
    The only problem is our state Reps only meet every 2 years. So if it doesn't make it this go around, we'll have to wait longer.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    [B ]The only problem is our state Reps only meet every 2 years. [/B] So if it doesn't make it this go around, we'll have to wait longer.
    No one is safe when they are meeting. Better if that was once in 4 years.

VIP Member

Exclamation Need to contact your rep/senator!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: the bill was pulled from the voting block because the antis, and anti (under-educated) student groups have been blasting the supporter's mailboxes in Austin with their NO voices
    Will Legislators Re-Think Texas Campus Concealed Carry Law? | Change.org News
    this link is to anti support drivel

saw the story on our local news last night and thought I was going to burst a blood vessel in my head

TEXANS CONTACT YOUR REPS/SENATORS TO VOICE YOUR SUPPORT FOR THIS BILL!!!!!!!!
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Check the Arizona news. We just passed it in the local legislature yesterday. The Boston Globe calls it "perilous". I guess all the campus serial killers will have to move up to Boston in order to safely execute law abiding tax payers. It's been sent along to Gov Jan Brewer for approval and if she signs it into law we'll be the second state to do so joining Utah. This may in fact cause Lady GaGa to cancel her "Western States" Tour. Well if you want to make a southwest omelette I reckon you'll have to break some eggs. And you can forget about the Mormon Tabernacle Choir backing her up on her recent hit "Judas", too.
    I am not The Word
    I am the parchment on which
    The Word is written

Links