*** GrassRoots Gorillas CALL TO ACTION! H. 3292 ***

This is a discussion on *** GrassRoots Gorillas CALL TO ACTION! H. 3292 *** within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The House Judiciary General Laws subcommittee has scheduled another meeting on Thursday February 24th, 2011 at 9am in room 516 of the Blatt building to ...

The House Judiciary General Laws subcommittee has scheduled another meeting on Thursday February 24th, 2011 at 9am in room 516 of the Blatt building to discuss H. 3292.

Every GrassRoots Gorilla who can possibly make it needs to be at this meeting! So please TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS. Pass this email on, and ask everyone to attend. We need this meeting packed full of gun rights supporters to convince the members of the subcommittee to adopt the GrassRoots proposed amendments to H. 3292 and recommend the bill for passage.

As GrassRoots has previously stated, H. 3292 is a very important bill which - if amended properly - could change SC gun laws for the better in a number of ways (open carry, restaurant carry, prohibit employers from banning guns in stored employee's vehicle, etc.) GrassRoots has proposed amendments to fix the problems with H. 3292.

Gorillas should meet on Thursday February 24, 2011 NO LATER THAN 8:45am near the statue of Strom Thurmond on the statehouse grounds. Contact me with any questions.

Bill Rentiers
    Executive Officer
    803-528-6346 (cell)

If you have not already read the GrassRoots analysis of H. 3292 please read it at
    http://www.scfirearms.org/Legislativ...2_analysis.pdf

PS. You don't have to be a GrassRoots member to attend but join when you can and help us in other ways too!
    Certified Glock Armorer

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Bill moved on to the Judiciary committee.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Bill moved on to the Judiciary committee.
    In what shape? Any changes made to the bill in sub-committee?
    Kimber Tactical Ultra II, Kahr PM45, Kahr PM9, Kahr P380

There were no apparent changes that I saw. They did add three or four new sponsers of the bill. By the time the bill is voted on, it might be able pass with only sponsers voting for it.

I don't think we will have any problem passing this in the House. i am wondering how the senate is going to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    I don't think we will have any problem passing this in the House. i am wondering how the senate is going to vote.
    As members of GR we always strongly suggest you contact your representatives and stongly encourage them to support the bills you like and explain to them WHY you like them. A little interaction can go a long way.

Finally telling them "GrassRoots speaks for me," helps to give us the clot we need to ensure they listen to us, the folks that are in the wings pushing these changes.

Finally, we need your support as a member too. Then we can add you to our list of informed and we can fire off warning to you when we need you to contact these reps. for action.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by JPCleary View Post
    In what shape? Any changes made to the bill in sub-committee?
    Yes, it changed--Viers replaced the original bill with an anti-gun one. See the full analysis of the amendment at the GrassRoots website. GrassRoots South Carolina - Our Goal: Citizens carrying arms whenever and wherever they choose.
    Visit my Winchester Ranger Talon page for current pricing.

When I looked at it previously, the amendment had not been posted on the SC legilsatures site. It has changed and not for the good. At the end of the video on Grassroots Sc page, where the chariman of the committee thanks someone for all of her hard work and research on the bill makes my stomach turn.

VIP Member
    Where did you look for it? I looked at the original bill Introduction date, and there is a long list of dates where it was in and out of committee, including 2/24/2011, here is the link: 2011-2012 Bill 3292: Handguns - South Carolina Legislature Online I have printed it out and I am also printing the pdf from Grass Roots website for comparison.

Ok, I think what I was looking at was the original version of H3292, with additional sponsors, not the amended version posted on grassroots.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Links