Chicago to confiscate firearms?

This is a discussion on Chicago to confiscate firearms? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Glad I live in 2A friendly states only. Might have to go back there for a funeral, but it'll be downstate in the Little Egypt ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chicago to confiscate firearms?

Glad I live in 2A friendly states only. Might have to go back there for a funeral, but it'll be downstate in the Little Egypt area, so at least I know others will be armed (maybe) and crime will be low. I have no desire to visit Chicago now or ever even though I know there's a lot to see and do there. IL & WI are off my list until they tear thier walls down and rejoin the U.S.A.

2. Remove Ads

I think it is time that we help the good state of Illinois out.......we should all write the gov, and anyone else we can.........
    Eric

There were NO Guns used to take over the flights on 9-11, IT STILL HAPPENED

Wake up Americans - GUN CONTROL - Means WE LOOSE

A few years ago when I was doing phone work I had about an 18 month period where I had to go to Chitcago twice a month. I really hate that place.

They give traffic reports in drive time, there is a centrally located post office so the rush hour report might be "The post office to O'Hare is 45 minutes"; at midnight the drive time is 5 minutes. Then when you do get out to the bypass and get up a little speed you have to stop every couple miles and wait in line at a toll booth!

In the downtown area all I remember is it's dirty, noisy, crowded, smelly and due to the tall buildings and narrow streets you get about 10 minutes of sunlight per day.

They're getting rid of the toll booths. And it was more like about every 20 miles. I lived in the Chicago suburbs from 1978 until 2001. It's not a bad place, if you don't mind crowds, heavy traffic, and not being "allowed" to excersize your right of self defense outside your own home or business.

Since I moved to Michigan in 2001, the only things I miss are the great food and my friends I left behind. Everything else, I don't miss at all.

If I want a reminder of what the traffic is like, I take a quick trip to Detroit.

[QUOTE=Captain Crunch]The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated; and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The government doesn't honor the 2nd Amendment, and in some cases the 1st or 4th. What makes you think they'll honor this part?

What a bunch of useless idiots! ( I don't mean that in a bad way.)
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightRambler
    The government doesn't honor the 2nd Amendment, and in some cases the 1st or 4th. What makes you think they'll honor this part?
    Sorry, but I don't get the meaning of your post. This thread is talking about a Cook County, Illinois, politician proposing confiscating legal guns from law-abiding citizens, which is why I quoted the text of the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

My question, asked facetiously, was, do these words (the 4th Amendment) not apply in Illinois?

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

You need to understand a few things about Chicago and Cook County, AND Illinois to understand the politics. Whoever has been the mayor of Chicago has held a lot of political clout in Springfield (Capitol of Illinois). And it's always been a Democrap who's been mayor of Chicago. Now, this clout has always angered the rest of the state, as it usually seems that Chicago gets what they want all the time. Doesn't matter if the governor of Illinois is a Democrap, or a RINO. And so far as I can remember, almost all the Republican Govenors have been RINOs.

There has been a movement, off and on, from time to time, to have Cook County seperated from the rest of Illinois, and make it the 51st state. It never gets very far, but the rest of Illinois keeps hoping. In reality, I think Cook County would have to take a few of the collar counties with it, or it still wouldn't work out right.

But Illinois could never be that lucky anyway. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links