Brady on Facebook attacking high cap mags right now...funny

This is a discussion on Brady on Facebook attacking high cap mags right now...funny within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence | Facebook Two hours ago they posted: U.S. Senator Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ) today was joined by New Jersey ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brady on Facebook attacking high cap mags right now...funny

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Brady on Facebook attacking high cap mags right now...funny

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence | Facebook

Two hours ago they posted:

U.S. Senator Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ) today was joined by New Jersey elected officials, staff from the Brady Center, and others in urging Congress to pass the Senatorís common-sense legislation to ban the sale and manufacture of high-capacity gun magazines.
    I posted on my page since they blocked me from posting on their's:

‎"Senatorís common-sense legislation." Common sense = lack of facts.
    A half hour ago they posted:

Brady Center Senior Attorney Daniel Vice speaks in support of legislation proposed by Sen. Frank R. Lautenberg to ban the sale of deadly high-capacity ammunition magazines. Vice joined Senator Lautenberg and a number of elected officials during a news conference in Plainfield, New Jersey.
    I just posted:

"...deadly high-capacity ammunition magazines." Really, in theory aren't ALL magazines deadly, even if they only hold one round?
    This is fun. I think they are watching me. Can't wait for the next round!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Them:

Brady Campaign President Paul Helmke testifies before a House Forum about a recent House of Representatives' vote to kill funding that would help curb illegal gun-trafficking from the U.S. to Mexico. "Our weak gun laws have enabled ruthless Mexican drug cartels to arm themselves with vast military arsenals from American gun dealers, who sell traffickers countless AK-47s and AR-15s in bulk," Helmke testified.

Me:

Actually Paul, it's been the BATFE's Project Gunrunner that has flooded Mexico with American sold military style rifles over the last year. They routinely approved sales to cartel buyers. One AK was involved in the murder of a Border Patrol agent. Why aren't you calling for the end of the BATFE?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

it is funny how they censor what they dont like.

Wow, forget the gun control stuff. Richard, about half way down the page thinks the NRA is coming to Charlotte soon and wants to protest. Where has he been? Posted yesterday.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Senior Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    "...deadly high-capacity ammunition magazines." Really, in theory aren't ALL magazines deadly, even if they only hold one round?"

Magazines don't kill people...people kill people...
    My cats support the Second Amendment.

www.inshadowinlight.com

"Oh, bother," said Pooh as he rocked another mag into the 556R...

disarming citizens kills people

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Them:

Brady Campaign President Paul Helmke testifies before a House Forum about a recent House of Representatives' vote to kill funding that would help curb illegal gun-trafficking from the U.S. to Mexico. "Our weak gun laws have enabled ruthless Mexican drug cartels to arm themselves with vast military arsenals from American gun dealers, who sell traffickers countless AK-47s and AR-15s in bulk," Helmke testified.
    :
    Because in a multi billion dollar cash drug trade, they couldn't import them from anywhere they want to.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Part of the reason I think our side always ends up looking like a bunch of gun crazy, paranoid rednecks is because our lobby really doesn't listen to the opposing sides argument. At the heart of this argument is a simple statement. "You don't need a 33 round mag". Guess what...THEY ARE RIGHT! You don't. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to own one. You also don't NEED a 50 inch plasma screen TV. You don't NEED a corvette. Everyone in this country owns a ton of stuff they don't need. That's part of what makes this the greatest county on the planet. We have the freedom to purchase whatever we want to purchase (for the most part) with our hard earned money. THAT's the argument that needs to be made. I guarantee that diabetes from swigging cans of soda and heart disease from pounding back big macs have killed 10000 times as many people as bullets fired from a 33 round mag. If they want to use the "You don't need it because it's dangerous" argument then I want to see soda and big macs right up there on the list of things that should be banned. That's a argument the average person understands.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    ...If they want to use the "You don't need it because it's dangerous" argument then I want to see soda and big macs right up there on the list of things that should be banned. That's a argument the average person understands.
    Yeah....They have already gone after those, and still are. Just not an issue on this forum.

The more rabid the anti's get, I suspect the less respect they get from the grass eaters. I say, let them get into a lather about it. People in general are stupid, but eventually start to recognize idiocy, and will distance themselves from those that are foaming at the mouth and spitting on the microphone.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

You don't need a car that goes faster than 30 mph. Just think of all the lives that could be saved via reduced severity of auto accidents! And all the gasoline that we wouldn't need to import!

We should start with all the cars that Congress-critters drive. After all, leaders should model the way for the rest of us...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    it is funny how they censor what they dont like.
    Meanwhile, look at the pages of pro-gun groups like Concealed Carry on Campus. People there regularly calmly, kindly, and patiently debate with people with the anti-gun people who post on the boards. No censorship, no "you r teh suck!!111~~~~." Just calm, rational, educated discussion and debate. Then go compare it to the handful of anti-gun groups on facebook... censorship, emotional "arguments," zero facts, zero logic.

The anti-gun folks don't ever argue from a point of logic. They don't use nor care about facts. That is why the have to censor anyone who presents an opposing argument. They can't even aruge increase on gun crimes due to legalization of conceal carry. They are a bunch of one sided, loud mouth, people who argue from a position of fear and/or control.
    Glock 22 Gen 4 w/CBST
    Kimber Compact CDP II w/Silent Thunder
    A man, without force, is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted, that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; and even this it cannot do long, if the signs of power do not arise.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i liked it just so i could post this

Ok, first of all, there is no such thing as an assault clip, a clip is a small piece that holds ten rounds for feeding into a fixed magazine. Second, magazines do not assault anyone. Guns do not kill people, people kill people. If we banned all guns and magazines, our citizens would not be able to defend themselves and criminals would use knives if guns had never been invented. What you think cave people used guns to kill each other? What part of shall not be infringed is misunderstood here? Saying that a magazine is responsible for killing people is like saying like the gas tank of my truck is responsible for me speeding because it holds more gas that allows the truck to move. IF there had been a magazine round limit in place, Loughner would have carried 3 10 round magazines and RELOADED. Besides that, do you really think that if you ban 33 or 30 round magazines that criminals won't get their hands on them. Our current laws don't stop felons from getting their hands on guns through robbery, buying them illegally, or just borrowing one from a friend. Hell, murder is illegial, we see how well making that against the law is working. Did you know that three times as many people have been killed by car accidents than guns this year? Do you account for the number of lives saved from violent criminals in your tally of gun deaths or is it just anyone shot and killed. Maybe I'm weird in that I think that the average person should be able to defend themselves against a violent felon intent on raping or killing them. Not to mention how infuirating it is that you sue the MAKERS of a gun when someone uses that brand to kill someone. You know what, next time a drunk driver kills someone in an accident driving a Ford, lets sue Ford for not installing a breathalyzer unit in every car. =
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    i liked it just so i could post this

Ok, first of all, there is no such thing as an assault clip, a clip is a small piece that holds ten rounds for feeding into a fixed magazine. Second, magazines do not assault anyone. Guns do not kill people, people kill people. If we banned all guns and magazines, our citizens would not be able to defend themselves and criminals would use knives if guns had never been invented. What you think cave people used guns to kill each other? What part of shall not be infringed is misunderstood here? Saying that a magazine is responsible for killing people is like saying like the gas tank of my truck is responsible for me speeding because it holds more gas that allows the truck to move. IF there had been a magazine round limit in place, Loughner would have carried 3 10 round magazines and RELOADED. Besides that, do you really think that if you ban 33 or 30 round magazines that criminals won't get their hands on them. Our current laws don't stop felons from getting their hands on guns through robbery, buying them illegally, or just borrowing one from a friend. Hell, murder is illegial, we see how well making that against the law is working. Did you know that three times as many people have been killed by car accidents than guns this year? Do you account for the number of lives saved from violent criminals in your tally of gun deaths or is it just anyone shot and killed. Maybe I'm weird in that I think that the average person should be able to defend themselves against a violent felon intent on raping or killing them. Not to mention how infuirating it is that you sue the MAKERS of a gun when someone uses that brand to kill someone. You know what, next time a drunk driver kills someone in an accident driving a Ford, lets sue Ford for not installing a breathalyzer unit in every car. =
    In some of the arguments I have seen they actually have addressed the bolded ^. They said that he was only apprehended when he tried to reload, so if he needed to reload 20 shots earlier then they would have been able to stop him then. All this really means to me though is either the people that took him down were really really close when he finished his first mag, or he was really incompetant at reloading. I completely agree with your logic and have argued the same point, but in this case they actually have an argument. Even if we got them to agree that someone could just carry a large number of smaller magazines then they would just want to ban the number of magazines you can own. It will never end.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    touche' charlie
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links