My condolences to Handgunlaw.us

This is a discussion on My condolences to Handgunlaw.us within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I would like to express my deep felt condolences to the administrators of Handgunlaw.us. This legislative session, there seems to be (at least to me) ...

Thread: My condolences to Handgunlaw.us

My condolences to Handgunlaw.us

I would like to express my deep felt condolences to the administrators of Handgunlaw.us.

This legislative session, there seems to be (at least to me) a staggering amount of States that are pushing for looser gun regulations regarding CC and OC, which is going to play havoc with reciprocity, let alone changes to each states current laws.

As of this posting, CO, WY, TX, AR, SC, NC, VA, ID, OK, OH, IN, FL, IL, and I think a couple more, are on their way to passing some serious new legislation.

If they do pass, and I hope they do, the administrators of Handgunlaw.us are going to be putting in some very long hours keeping their website up to date with all the changes.
    Last edited by Sticks; February 27th, 2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I personally am monitoring the changes in legislation here in North Carolina and will keep Gary updated as they pass.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Sometimes busy is good . . . for all of us!
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I'm sure Gary will be smiling the entire month he goes sleepless for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Sometimes busy is good . . . for all of us!
    "It is always better to be looking for time off than to be looking for work." ...Me
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I bet it's work the administrators will be happy to do.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dV8r View Post
    "It is always better to be looking for time off than to be looking for work." ...Me
    Amen!

VIP Member
    Lets hope they get better for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    Lets hope they get better for us all.
    That would be a good thing!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I'll let Gary know of any changes to RI since I have been in contact with him regarding existing gunlaws in RI.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I personally am monitoring the changes in legislation here in North Carolina and will keep Gary updated as they pass.
    Same here, and provide him links, etc. so he can just link them instead of having to input all of it. Good folks, doing a great job for all of us, so the more we can do to help them keep it updated, the better.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    Gentlemen, I can't do it without help. The big things are easier to see it is the little things that are hard to keep up with. But do send along anything you think would be of interest to Handgunlaw.us. I do hope that most of the time I answer you with, I am aware of that but thank you just the same. I do need assistance. No one person can keep up with everything. Links to bills etc would be greatly appreciated. The best way to contact me is to click on "Contact Us' at the bottom of the main page. I answer all emails. Please put something in the subject line to catch my attention. When you put your email address online the spam rolls in. I would hate to miss something. Again thank you for all your assistance in the past and I do hope you and those making the laws keep me busy. I just wish they would do it in the winter and not the spring and summer.

On another note don't think I have forgotten you when it takes 4 or 5 days for an update to appear. I am uploading files every 4 to 7 days as that is easier than doing it many times a day or everyday. Also I upload the files but Steve has not posted the change wording on the Updates Page. Plus in the nice weather I do get out and about and can be out of computer access for a week or more depending where I am traveling to. I do not announce my travel plans in advance as to many people would know my home is unoccupied.

Thank you again and thank you for the kind words about our site and what we do. It is appreciated.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Despite Gary's comments about how long it might take to see updates posted, I sent him a couple from my state and saw them online later that evening!

Thanks again, Gary, for providing such a good resource for us all.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    which is going to play havoc with reciprocity
    Play havoc how? Florida, for example, is considering both open carry and expanding concealed carry to schools (CC in schools will never happen), but as far as I know Florida has no bills to expand its reciprocity list.

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    Play havoc how? Florida, for example, is considering both open carry and expanding concealed carry to schools (CC in schools will never happen), but as far as I know Florida has no bills to expand its reciprocity list.
    My meaning was that when State "A" loosens their law, State "B" now considers them to be too loose, and drops Reciprocity (most states require the CC permit guidelines to be as strict as theirs or more). And those states that do loosen theirs to Constitutional Carry, by their reciprocity guidelines, should honor everyone's (barring those with the tit for tat reciprocity).
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links