Wyoming 4th State in Union with Constitutional Carry

Wyoming 4th State in Union with Constitutional Carry

This is a discussion on Wyoming 4th State in Union with Constitutional Carry within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Wyoming governor signs concealed gun bill Wyoming governor signs concealed gun bill Associated Press - March 2, 2011 6:45 PM ET CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Array Jeff F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    South Central Wyoming
    Posts
    641

    Wyoming 4th State in Union with Constitutional Carry

    Wyoming governor signs concealed gun bill

    Wyoming governor signs concealed gun bill

    Associated Press - March 2, 2011 6:45 PM ET

    CHEYENNE, Wyo. (AP) - Wyoming has become the fourth state to allow citizens to carry concealed guns without a permit.

    Gov. Matt Mead signed a bill into law Wednesday to allow state citizens legally entitled to own guns to carry them concealed starting in July.

    Similar bills are pending in about half a dozen other state legislatures around the country. Alaska, Arizona and Vermont already don't require permits for carrying concealed guns.

    A national spokesman for the National Rifle Association says the push to allow more concealed guns comes from common people who demand the freedom to protect themselves in tough economic times.

    But a spokesman for the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence in Washington says the gun industry is pushing to loosen restrictions on carrying guns to boost sales.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-
    __________________________________
    NRA Endowment Life Member


  2. #2
    New Member Array 1 Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    13
    Thats awesome!
    Here in OK it looks like we are making progress in getting open carry of some sort passed. There are several versions of this legislation on the table now. The one that looks like its got the most steam would be a liscenced open carry which would pertain to those who get a concealed carry permit.

  3. #3
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Congrats Wyoming

    8 more states on deck: Similar bills are pending in states including Colorado, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Utah. A bill has been introduced in Kentucky but hasn't advanced while another was introduced for discussion in Idaho.

    let's get them passed

  4. #4
    Member Array 500Mag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Posts
    418
    Great news, but does anyone know the reasoning behind the residency requirement?
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

  5. #5
    Senior Member Array swinokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    935
    no. but you are correct. Only state residents may carry without a permit

    Wyoming governor signs concealed gun bill

  6. #6
    Member Array claybreaker0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    335
    I don't know how I feel about this.....
    I meet too many people who own guns, and probably shouldn't own guns. They are irresponsible, and ignorant to many issues. I actually like the fact that they must take a basic class here in Florida to teach them about their firearm. I don't even like the fact that a citizen in this state can skip the concealed weapons class because they took a hunter's safety course 15 years ago, and still get their concealed carry permit. IMO that will lead to more people carrying firearms irresponsibly, ignorantly, and making for more dangerous situations. JMHO

    PS- Don't jump all over me here, if I'm missing something let me know. Very rarely do I ever disagree with things who are positively reviewed by members on this forum.
    "Being armed gives you options"

    Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array jwhite75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    5,319
    Would like to see that here, but the Sheriffs here need that money they keep from the permit fees in their budget...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.


    I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Array swinokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Congrats Wyoming

    8 more states on deck: Similar bills are pending in states including Colorado, Minnesota, Montana, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Utah. A bill has been introduced in Kentucky but hasn't advanced while another was introduced for discussion in Idaho.

    let's get them passed
    NV on deck as well.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Array swinokur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    935
    Quote Originally Posted by claybreaker0 View Post
    I don't know how I feel about this.....
    I meet too many people who own guns, and probably shouldn't own guns. They are irresponsible, and ignorant to many issues. I actually like the fact that they must take a basic class here in Florida to teach them about their firearm. I don't even like the fact that a citizen in this state can skip the concealed weapons class because they took a hunter's safety course 15 years ago, and still get their concealed carry permit. IMO that will lead to more people carrying firearms irresponsibly, ignorantly, and making for more dangerous situations. JMHO

    PS- Don't jump all over me here, if I'm missing something let me know. Very rarely do I ever disagree with things who are positively reviewed by members on this forum.
    We let people have kids who should not be allowed to. In some people's mind you do not need a permit to exercise a RIGHT, as opposed to a privilege. While training is a great idea, free choice is more important. The resonsible citizen will get training, but compelling it opens another can of worms in my mind.

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array joker1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,087
    Congrats Wyoming!

    claybreaker, I see what you are saying and have mixed feelings about it. I do take a little comfort in knowing that permit holders in Kansas can at least hit a paper plate sized spot on the broad side of a barn when under very little pressure, but when the SHTF very few of us will likely exibit that kind of accuracy. Through practice and training I'm probably going to have an edge over a gun carrying newb, but they can get lucky too. We are always going to a have a number of people carrying guns that probably shouldn't, even with a strict permit process. Hell how many people are carrying guns now that aren't even legal to be anywhere near a gun? I also think with more and more people legally carrying guns (hopefully with some training and practice) the criminals will begin to fear the general public for a change.
    NRA Life Member


    With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

  11. #11
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by claybreaker0 View Post
    I don't know how I feel about this.....
    I meet too many people who own guns, and probably shouldn't own guns. They are irresponsible, and ignorant to many issues. I actually like the fact that they must take a basic class here in Florida to teach them about their firearm. I don't even like the fact that a citizen in this state can skip the concealed weapons class because they took a hunter's safety course 15 years ago, and still get their concealed carry permit. IMO that will lead to more people carrying firearms irresponsibly, ignorantly, and making for more dangerous situations. JMHO

    PS- Don't jump all over me here, if I'm missing something let me know. Very rarely do I ever disagree with things who are positively reviewed by members on this forum.
    In the same premise that while I don't agree with the scum that call themselves Westboro Baptist Chruch, I still respect the fact that they have the same 1st amendment rights as any of us and have the right to protest against what they choose. Same goes for the 2d amendment. I assure you, you are in more danger every morning by getting in your motor driven vehicle than you are by constitutional carry laws.

  12. #12
    VIP Member Array Hiram25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wyoming, DE
    Posts
    11,092
    That's great, by why can't they take the final step and say anyone who can legally own a handgun can cc in their States?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

  13. #13
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    That's great, by why can't they take the final step and say anyone who can legally own a handgun can cc in their States?
    They do In AZ

  14. #14
    Member Array claybreaker0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    335
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    In the same premise that while I don't agree with the scum that call themselves Westboro Baptist Chruch, I still respect the fact that they have the same 1st amendment rights as any of us and have the right to protest against what they choose. Same goes for the 2d amendment. I assure you, you are in more danger every morning by getting in your motor driven vehicle than you are by constitutional carry laws.
    I can understand your point, and am all for upholding the constitution, and anything that creates less power for the government.......I would still rather there still be some sort of educational process required of those who plan to carry a firearm. Luckily my Father taught me proper firearm safety and respect when I was growing up, unfortunately I feel that 50% of those in my little southern city of St. Augustine....weren't.
    "Being armed gives you options"

    Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

  15. #15
    Ex Member Array azchevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oceanfront Property
    Posts
    3,850
    They should have firearms safety classes in public schools, but they don't. They should have marksmanship clubs. but they don't. They should have hunting clubs. But they don't. instead they push the liberal agenda into our childrens minds from grade schoool through college.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Colorado introduces Constitutional Carry into State Legislature
    By Sticks in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: March 25th, 2011, 06:07 AM
  2. National Constitutional Carry...
    By Toorop in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: January 10th, 2011, 05:24 PM
  3. Constitutional Carry in your state, are you FOR or AGAINST it?
    By SCJeffro in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: June 16th, 2010, 12:12 AM
  4. Constitutional Carry is signed in AZ!!
    By MinistrMalic in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: April 17th, 2010, 09:26 PM
  5. Funny - Bush's State of the Union - Remix
    By acparmed in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 5th, 2006, 10:52 PM

Search tags for this page

constitutional carry only for state residents?
,
constitutional carry wyoming requirements
,
how many states are constitutioal carry
,

how many states have constitutional carry

,
vermont constitutional carry
,

wyoming 4th state

,
wyoming carries
,
wyoming constitutional carry
,
wyoming contitutional 4th amendment
,
wyoming governor signs concealed gun law
,
wyoming gun laws 2011
,
wyoming march 3 constitutional carry law passed
,
wyoming non-resident constitutional carry
,

wyoming passed concealed carry

,
wyoming signs
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors