Louisiana Bill Would Make You Show Your Guns Before Buying Ammo

This is a discussion on Louisiana Bill Would Make You Show Your Guns Before Buying Ammo within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I really have no comment on this, other than that it is genuinely insane: Full Story...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Bill Would Make You Show Your Guns Before Buying Ammo

Louisiana Bill Would Make You Show Your Guns Before Buying Ammo

I really have no comment on this, other than that it is genuinely insane:
    Full Story

2. Remove Ads

And of course we have to assume the person selling the ammo is knowledgeable enough about firearms to know the difference, yeah, good luck with that one, especially at wally world.

VIP Member
    I live here, I haven't even heard of this legislation. Typically some "anti-gun" legislation will usually come out of the New Orleans area. I guessed right and this does, here's a link about the Representative who introduced this Louisiana House of Representatives - Internet Portal

I don't see it having a snowball's chance in passing, in fact I doubt it'll get out of committee.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    And of course we have to assume the person selling the ammo is knowledgeable enough about firearms to know the difference, yeah, good luck with that one, especially at wally world.
    Well they can't be any dumber than the person who thought up this bill. Make you wonder if he was dropped on his head as a child!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

From the mere ridiculous to the sublime. Just when you think you've seen it all. How much are we paying the idiots who dream up these silly schemes?

I love this.. How would all those anti gun guys feel with gun owners toting their whole gun collection into walmart to by a little ammo... That would be awesome.. Talk about open carry
    G20 / G29

The idiots are running the asylum...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

We may be rid of this idiot by 2012 according to his wrap sheet. Maybe if you order ammo on line they could get the UPS man to check your guns?
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Maybe if you order ammo on line they could get the UPS man to check your guns?
    I'll bet the rocket scientist who introduced that bit of brilliance never even thought of that possibility.

This is rediculous. I hope it doesn't pass, but as a few of you have said before it would be a BLAST to carry guns into walmart hahaha!

Seems a bit contradictory for all the ANTI-GUN people doesn't it? If it were to pass all the stores that carry guns and ammo (dunhams, walmart, big R, etc) where people, who don't necessarily own any firearms may commonly go, would end up walking past a few people with some pretty big guns. Seems as though they would encounter more weapons that way.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

Quote Originally Posted by adclose View Post
    I love this.. How would all those anti gun guys feel with gun owners toting their whole gun collection into walmart to by a little ammo... That would be awesome.. Talk about open carry
    I hadn't thought of that angle. That would be pretty awesome!

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Oh I would so magpul sling my Ar in front of me. With my 1911 on my side and another sidearm on my other side fully loaded whilst showing them all the populace of walmart on my way to the ammo counter.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I also would definatley just toss the AK on a sling and waltz on back to the counter to buy ammo, they can't arrest you for it, you would be doing what the law says you have too
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

HEY! That's my AVATAR. I hope that you don't think I'm behind this stupidity.
    I wonder if the clerk is to record said serial numbers for later retrival? A way around gun registration?
    What a CROCK!

VIP Member
    I can just see the cops trying to figure it out the first time some idiot pulls a loaded weapon and points it at the clerk so he can "see" it and the clerk calls it in. The cops in NOLA are notoriously not the brightest bulbs on the string.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links