Defensive Carry banner

A New Zealanders interesting take on the 2nd Amendment.

898 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  sixsccw 
#1 ·
I have an interesting video from a youtuber in New Zealand, and figured it was an interesting start to talking about 2A. It might also shine some light on some arguments our own community has about 2A.

Here is part one:YouTube - The 2nd Amendment(1/2)
Part Two is here :YouTube - The 2nd Amendment(2/2)

So what does everyone think, and kinda just throwing this out there, and seeing the reaction. Perhaps it puts it in a new light in a way.

Reactions: DaRedneck
#2 ·
This Kiwi has a much better grasp of our rights, their historical basis and the practical reasons for them than most Americans. His 15 minute talk is well worth hearing. Very sad that foriegners have a better grasp on these matters than most of our citizens.

Reactions: surefire7
#3 ·
Very smart and well spoken; I am not convinced he has any better grasp than our own citizens yet he was very good at articulating his thought process thus allowing understanding. VERY GOOD JOB. His original point of the bumper sticker name calling we so often see from all sides here is however the American way. I think it does not indicate a lack of understanding, just a lack of willingness to allow (or acknowledge) anyone to have a different opinion to immediately circle the wagons with your respective group and commence the attack. Someone was able to speak like an adult… this will seem very wise to a culture that is not accustom to this action.

#4 ·
Really interesting take.
I especially appreciated his last comments regarding the yearly 'casualties' associated with Second Ammendment freedoms.
High cost...yes. But the alternative would be much worse.
And it's a cost much lower than those associated with the automobile (and its freedoms).
Thanks for posting.

#5 ·
Brought tears to my eyes. Another instance (and we've seen many) where a foreigner sends an articulate and informed reminder to us all regarding the fact that we live in the greatest country this planet has ever known.
That avatar of mine to the left is a B29 on display Georgia. It had a nineteen year old tailgunner who flew 30 missions over Japan, one soldier of countless many who put it all on the line for this nation. He's passed on now, but I knew him pretty well, and I know Dad would love this New Zealander's take on our most precious liberty.
Many thanks for the post.

#6 ·
Guy is well educated no doubt. I think he has a very good grasp on our 2nd ammendment. The only thing I wish he had done differently was at the end when he stated the yearly causualty toll that he would have mentioned of that number how many were thug on thug deaths and how many were self defense/property defense, LEO etc.... so that that number didn't sound as bad as it is. Saying it was a necessary evil to protect from a far greater evil though was spot on.

Really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.