Hi-cap mag ban - poll in CT

This is a discussion on Hi-cap mag ban - poll in CT within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Today's Republican-American (24 Mar) POLL: The Republican-American near the bottom on right. Do you support the proposed ban on large-capacity ammunition magazines? Plus the following ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Hi-cap mag ban - poll in CT

Today's Republican-American (24 Mar)

POLL: The Republican-American near the bottom on right. Do you support the proposed ban on large-capacity ammunition magazines?

Plus the following from Bob Crook, tireless lobbyist on our behalf in Hartford:
    The public hearing in Judiciary Comm yesterday (3/23) went well. Over 100 sportsmen signed up to speak and many submitted testimony on S.B. No. 1094 (RAISED) AN ACT BANNING LARGE CAPACITY AMMUNITION MAGAZINES. (Go to the bill on the legislative website Bill Status* and click on public hearing testimony at the bottom). You can do the same for the other bills of interest S.B. No. 1210 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE USE OF DEADLY PHYSICAL FORCE TO DEFEND THE RESIDENTS OF A HOME. H.B. No. 6490 (RAISED) AN ACT CONCERNING THE CRIMINAL POSSESSION AND SEIZURE OF FIREARM AMMUNITION H.B. No. 6490 (RAISED) AN ACT ESTABLISHING A PROCEDURE FOR RELIEF FROM CERTAIN FEDERAL FIREARMS PROHIBITIONS.

The meeting began at 10AM and lasted until after 10PM with many legislators still in attendance. Most of the 100 sportsperson signed up to speak did so. Many women were there promoting the shooting sports and self defense. testimony from all was pertinent and to the point, citing facts, personal experiences, and how the bills would affect them and the state. Legislators asked many questions which were responded to in a factual, non-emotional manner. The opposition fielded 3 speakers although some forwarded testimony without speaking or answering questions. All present were impressed by the knowledge, facts, presentations, and decorum exhibited by our speakers. I believe legislators were also impressed which may determine their vote. If this were a matter of fact/cost-benefit vs. emotional quick fix and knee jerk reaction, the obvious outcome for the magazine bill would be to immediately die. However, it may be until the April 15 Judiciary JF Deadline until we know. Such is the nature of the Legislative process. Thanks to all who participated in protecting our rights and sport by Public Hearing attendance, and correspondence though e-mail, letters, phone calls and personal contact with the legislators.

You should also send an e-mail to the Committee members and give them a THANK YOU for their interest, their questions, and perseverance during a long hearing. Title e-mails THANK YOU. Ask them also, after hearing the testimony if they have a position on the bill(s). A Thank You is very important Ė they receive few from the public.

Prognosis: We donít as yet have a vote count of the committee. If you receive a positive or negative from Committee members on any of these bills, send us that info ccsct@comcast.net . If the Judiciary Comm votes the bill down, it is dead; If passed by the Judiciary Comm, the bill moves to the Senate where it must be referred to the Public Safety Comm; If defeated by PS, it is dead; If passed by PS it moves to the Senate floor for debate, then to the House for debate, and if passed by both to the Gov. for signature or veto.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

847 opposed 161 in favor...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

the site keeps redirecting me to twitter; can't get to the poll

ETA: got in, 83% no
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

GM
    Voted.

Do you support the proposed ban on large-capacity ammunition magazines?
    Yes (167 Votes, 15%)
    No (970 Votes, 84%)
    Not sure (11 Votes, 1%)
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    I did not hear the outcome yet on this.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    That poll is gone. not even in the history of polls link below their polling applet.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    That poll is gone. not even in the history of polls link below their polling applet.

^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gone, Man, solid gone!!!
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    I did get to vote on the ATC question though. I kinda felt like that poll was made just for me. :) ZZZZZZZ...
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I did get to vote on the ATC question though. I kinda felt like that poll was made just for me. :) ZZZZZZZ...
    atctimmy Kneusenshaefer, we told traffic to buzz the tower when you're on duty, just to make sure you're awake...
    atctimmy likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Sponsored Links