Carrying where admission is charged???? NC

This is a discussion on Carrying where admission is charged???? NC within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Im excited to hear about the possibility of a bill regarding carrying in restaurants and parks pass, but am I the only one who would ...

Thread: Carrying where admission is charged???? NC

Carrying where admission is charged???? NC

Im excited to hear about the possibility of a bill regarding carrying in restaurants and parks pass, but am I the only one who would like to see a bill pass regarding carrying anywhere admission is charged? Think of the damage that could be done if a BG wanted to go into a movie theater and just spray bullets, same with a fair, at that point aim and precision doesnt matter on his part. That is just stupid and I dont see any benefit to prohibiting us from carrying where admission is charged. Can anyone explain the logic behind this?
    RUGER SR9 IN CROSSBREED SUPERTUCK DAILY

2. Remove Ads

Which legislative reps have you contacted and asked to have these changes introduced?

Honestly none....Im not sure which one i need to contact and exactly what to say. i dont want to seem greedy with the other bill making its way to senate. any pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by MAINE0388 View Post
    Honestly none....Im not sure which one i need to contact and exactly what to say. i dont want to seem greedy with the other bill making its way to senate. any pointers?
    Sure! Go to North Carolina General Assembly - NCGA - Representation and follow the instructions for "By Voter Registration" (this is the most accurate way, the zip code can give incorrect info sometimes). Then sit down and compose a letter to them stating what you want changed. Spell and grammar check it and fire it off via email to your representatives.

Your letter doesn't have to be a 20 page essay, just straight and to the point.

Senator BLAH

Please introduce a bill this session that would allow persons holding a concealed handgun permit in the state of NC to carry that concealed handgun in places that charge admission. NC general statute 14.XXXX is not needed and should be deleted.

Sincerely,

You can go into a bit more detail but don't over do the verbiage.

DO NOT feel greedy! These people are there to serve you. You are the voter. You are the one who put them there.

If they don't know your name, how are they to know who they represent?

Good luck! Write often, email often, call often. Don't give up!

As I recall, the bar on admission was, much like the ban on places that serve alcohol long pre-date the ccw laws. It was done to prevent guns in night clubs, etc. When ccw was created in the 90's the brady bunch made sure that the ndw permits did not ovdr ride thosde laws

I would definitely like to see this changed and have expressed my concerns to my state reps. I love going to the movies but that is a place where by definition we can't legally carry.

It's been introduced before, but died in committee. I think the bill that limited them to sponsoring 10 bills each may have slowed down the process. I would be surprised if this is not being worked on. But the crossover deadline is coming up, and if it's not introduced and moved through some hoops by then it may be a couple more years.

Most of us would probably like to see nearly all of them gone or amended in some way.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I find NC CC laws so restrictive as to be impractical for general SD. I find I can't carry most places when I visit my daughter in CLT. Can't go eat in a nice restaurant that happens to serve alcohol (maybe that's why the CLT Subways get robbed so often?), can't even go to a movie, etc. Hopefully the restrictions will ease in the near future with the currently proposed bills.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I find NC CC laws so restrictive as to be impractical for general SD. I find I can't carry most places when I visit my daughter in CLT. Can't go eat in a nice restaurant that happens to serve alcohol (maybe that's why the CLT Subways get robbed so often?), can't even go to a movie, etc. Hopefully the restrictions will ease in the near future with the currently proposed bills.
    There is no statute that prevents you from carrying in a Subway restaurant in NC unless that Subways serves alcohol for on site consumption (which I've never ran across) or it is posted.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    There is no statute that prevents you from carrying in a Subway restaurant in NC unless that Subways serves alcohol for on site consumption (which I've never ran across) or it is posted.
    Pretty good deductive reasoning there, Sherlock. ;-) Serving alcohol (thus making carrying illegal) would keep the BGs away from Subways.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Pretty good deductive reasoning there, Sherlock. ;-) Serving alcohol (thus making carrying illegal) would keep the BGs away from Subways.
    Just didn't get the correlation between the good restaurant and the robberies at Subways. Just getting old I guess.
    Last edited by NC Bullseye; April 2nd, 2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Just cause.

Im excited to hear about the possibility of a bill regarding carrying in restaurants and parks pass, but am I the only one who would like to see a bill pass regarding carrying anywhere admission is charged? Think of the damage that could be done if a BG wanted to go into a movie theater and just spray bullets, same with a fair, at that point aim and precision doesnt matter on his part. That is just stupid and I dont see any benefit to prohibiting us from carrying where admission is charged. Can anyone explain the logic behind this?
    Likely the premise is admission for events may mean a large public at the event and guns among crowds are looked on as dangerous. (THEIR rationale, not mine)

In my state (NY) on the permit suggestions - which come with the first permit - one of the suggestions is to avoid densely populated events. But it's a suggestion. We have no laws prohibiting carry outside of usual federal and state official buildings - some of them.

Nor have I ever seen a private business-premises posted for No Firearms.

Plus our permits for most of the State are good for life. No renewals needed.

Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    Likely the premise is admission for events may mean a large public at the event and guns among crowds are looked on as dangerous. (THEIR rationale, not mine)

In my state (NY) on the permit suggestions - which come with the first permit - one of the suggestions is to avoid densely populated events. But it's a suggestion. We have no laws prohibiting carry outside of usual federal and state official buildings - some of them.

Nor have I ever seen a private business-premises posted for No Firearms.

Plus our permits for most of the State are good for life. No renewals needed.

Just rub it in why dont ya

Just rub it in why dont ya
    Couldn't help it, NY gets trounced so much for Gun Laws.

Hand them a copy of Kansas's law..... you can 1) carry ANYWHERE that is not posted with an approved AG signage except Fedl land and Govenor's mansion.... period. 2) Only buildings can be posted .... 3) hardly anyone posts anymore, it's gotten more and more rare.

Results : there have been no incidents as a result of this law.

Seriously, it helps when they see it in black and white what fellow legislators have done in another state, that they can call and talk to , and know it didn't result in any craziness at all.... and hear it from them firsthand.

When I was looking at No. Carolina's law, because I was going there..... I changed my plans and went somewhere else. You also have Indian Reservations that are not friendly to carrying either.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links