Illinois House Bill 148, the "Family and Personal protection Safety Act" (Concealed C

This is a discussion on Illinois House Bill 148, the "Family and Personal protection Safety Act" (Concealed C within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Guys House Bill 148, “ The Family and Personal protection Safety Act” (right to carry) is up for the 3rd Reading in the Illinois House ...

Thread: Illinois House Bill 148, the "Family and Personal protection Safety Act" (Concealed C

Illinois House Bill 148, the "Family and Personal protection Safety Act" (Concealed C

Guys

House Bill 148, “ The Family and Personal protection Safety Act” (right to carry) is up for the 3rd Reading in the Illinois House today

It now has 38 co-sponsors and it appears that there are more than 71 committed votes. “71” is important because that is the super majority that is required to make the Bill veto proof and also prevents the City of Chicago from suing to eliminatethe “no exemptions” clause which prevents home rule communities from passing an ordinance barring concealed carry.

All of us that are involved in pushing this through, need your help.

This is not the time to sit on the sidelines and say “it’s never going to happen, why bother?”

The fact is we are close. very close.

Illinois House Bill 148
    If you have ever been at the scene of a great tragedy, car wreck, house fire, or maybe a tornado, there are always people who rush in and do what is necessary to help the victims until help arrives.

There are others who stand on the sidelines watching in stoic silence while still others wring their hands in anguish and ask why no one is doing anything.

That’s the situation that we are in right now.

Each of you needs to decide who you are and what role you are going to take.

If you believe in the 2nd Amendment guaranteed right to keep and bear arms, now is the time to come to our aid.

We need you to stop standing on the sidelines and stop wishing for someone to do something.

Call your State Representative and State Senator and tell them that you want to them to co-sponsor House Bill 148 and vote in favor of it.

If you do not know who your Representative or Senator is, follow this link:

District/Official Search - By Address

Forward this email to as many of your friends who live in Illinois as possible.

Ask your friends to forward it their Illinois contacts.

Now, right now, this is the time for all of us to stand up and start taking back our State from the politicians who think they are rulers, not representatives of the people.
    Last edited by BudMan5; April 5th, 2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: added link to HB 148 text
    Bud

When the cute TV reporter asked the Texas Ranger why he shot the bank robber six times with his.45, he replied, ""Cause they don't make a .50"[/I]

2. Remove Ads

Do you have a link to the bill?

So this will trump Chicagholes draconian gun laws? I urge everyone in Illinois to write and call their representatives. Good luck!

Seems like the link to the actual text of the Bill didn't work. It is here:

Illinois General Assembly - Full Text of HB0148
    Bud

When the cute TV reporter asked the Texas Ranger why he shot the bank robber six times with his.45, he replied, ""Cause they don't make a .50"[/I]

I hope this passes and Daley strokes out. Good luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Do you have a link to the bill?

So this will trump Chicagholes draconian gun laws? I urge everyone in Illinois to write and call their representatives. Good luck!
    No. This will not effect Chicago, and some others, unless a preemption statute is passed. Although efforts on pushing this bill are to be admired, there will be little, if any, effect on Chicago without preemption.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Varmiter View Post
    No. This will not effect Chicago, and some others, unless a preemption statute is passed. Although efforts on pushing this bill are to be admired, there will be little, if any, effect on Chicago without preemption.

Chris
    Preemption is part of the Bill, Chicago's regime will be out of luck

The Chicago Police Lieutenants and the Chicago Police Sergeants Associations both came out in favor the the Bill this morning.

The Illinois Chiefs of Police Association came out in favor of the Bill last week, and the Illinois Sheriff's Association came out in favor of the Bill when it was initially introduced.

They are buying sweaters and snow shovels in Hades even as we speak.
    Bud

I humbly stand corrected. I just read the full text. THIS IS GREAT if it can be passed.

Chris

Just read the bill too - man I never thought I'd be envious of Illinois !!! Pleasantly surprised.
    Unless I'm missing something, I feel they really got it covered. It ought to be a model for the rest of the country. I know, here I am with my New York CCW - and I feel fine about my qualifications, but all my training and knowledge was gathered voluntarily. I took a 10-hour 500-round live fire tactical course out in SoCal and I studied Article 35 (NY's Use of Deadly Force law) of my own motivation prior to applying for my permit. And I train regularly. But in NY, you're not allowed to TOUCH a gun until you have the permit!! And no training whatsoever is required on the appropriate laws.
    This bill would be a perfect fit for NY.
    We gotta get this country standardized or reciprocity will never live up to its potential.
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you ---- with me, I'll kill you all."

Marine Corps General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Quote Originally Posted by sixsccw View Post
    Just read the bill too - man I never thought I'd be envious of Illinois !!! Pleasantly surprised.
    Unless I'm missing something, I feel they really got it covered. It ought to be a model for the rest of the country. I know, here I am with my New York CCW - and I feel fine about my qualifications, but all my training and knowledge was gathered voluntarily. I took a 10-hour 500-round live fire tactical course out in SoCal and I studied Article 35 (NY's Use of Deadly Force law) of my own motivation prior to applying for my permit. And I train regularly. But in NY, you're not allowed to TOUCH a gun until you have the permit!! And no training whatsoever is required on the appropriate laws.
    This bill would be a perfect fit for NY.
    We gotta get this country standardized or reciprocity will never live up to its potential.

Alaska, Vermont, Arizona, and Wyoming should be a model for the rest of the country NOT Illinois

"Alaska, Vermont, Arizona, and Wyoming should be a model for the rest of the country NOT Illinois "

Hah! Point taken. I've been a New Yorker WAY too long
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you ---- with me, I'll kill you all."

Marine Corps General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Links