Wyoming CCW changes July 1 !!!!!

This is a discussion on Wyoming CCW changes July 1 !!!!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In the state of Wyoming you need to obtain certian requirements to get a CCW license. (just like in most other states) But on July ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By RoadRunner71

Thread: Wyoming CCW changes July 1 !!!!!

Wyoming CCW changes July 1 !!!!!

In the state of Wyoming you need to obtain certian requirements to get a CCW license. (just like in most other states) But on July 1, 2011 this will all changes. It has been passed that any Wyoming citizen can carry a concealed weapon for personal protection without a permit!!! What do you guys/gals think about this? good? bad? both?
    Right now I currently carry open as I have not had the time to get to a class and fufill the requirements to get a license. Now that in a few months it won't be needed. but I'm still going to look into classes because my wife wants to get a 38 spl and carry also. I think I'd be more comfortable knowing she has had some training, so I'll just take it with her. Don't get me wrong my wife can shoot. She has been around firearms most her life.(her father is the local sheriff) But she isn't completely comfident in all operations of firearms...
    so let me know what you think about this?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Well, it is a step in the right direction. Limiting the constitutionally protected right to just Wyoming citizens is somewhat troubling.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

By all means, get your wife into a good training program including both range training, legal aspects of self defense, and everything else she needs to know. She will be more competent, and more confident, and you will have better peace of mind.

Some women prefer to train with female instructors. My (lady) assistant in the shop is also a NRA-certifed instructor and runs all-female classes with good attendance. Not a bad idea, in my opinion.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

I think Wyoming has done what every last state should be doing, and I congratulate you on your newly acknowledged freedoms in that state. I also think you're making an excellent choice in taking the firearms training; it should be an individual choice, not a government mandate. Good on you.

GM
    Congrats!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Constitutional carry is what we should all be working towards. If it is legal for you to own a firearm, you should be able to carry it any darned way you want. Period.
    paullie, garyacman and MadlyAlive like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Nicely done. Here in AZ it has been a big yawner. BGs don't care that they aren't licensed to carry a gun and do their thing. All it does is remove a single charge from a BG when they do their thing and allows many law-abiding citizens to potentially defend themselves.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

This is good, but without a cc from your State you can not carry in any other State that honors your State's permit. All States should honor all other States cc permits, then after we get that, all States should allow anyone who can legally own a gun to carry same anywhere.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Am I missing something here? IIRC, Wyoming's new law only allows its own citizens to carry without a permit. If you are from any other state, you still have to have a permit with reciprocity. Please correct me if this is wrong.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    This is good, but without a cc from your State you can not carry in any other State that honors your State's permit. All States should honor all other States cc permits, then after we get that, all States should allow anyone who can legally own a gun to carry same anywhere.
    WY will still offer the permit...just not require it of the citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Am I missing something here? IIRC, Wyoming's new law only allows its own citizens to carry without a permit. If you are from any other state, you still have to have a permit with reciprocity. Please correct me if this is wrong.
    You are correct.

Ric
    Does this include convicted felons ? (I hope not)
    and Yes, I think of you can legally buy a weapon, you should be able to carry it. lol

Links