New Jersey Court shows their ignorance

This is a discussion on New Jersey Court shows their ignorance within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; NRA's Outrage Of The Week: NJ Court Says Beaten Man Has "No Need" for Firearm REALLY? God I'm glad I live in the South.......

Thread: New Jersey Court shows their ignorance

New Jersey Court shows their ignorance

If you can read this thank a teacher. If it is written in English thank a Marine.

2. Remove Ads

I HATE NJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

VIP Member
    Surely he has "no need" anymore. The perpetrators have been captured, therefore there is no longer any reason for him to be armed. The justice system "protected" Mr. Muller just the way ......

Blast it! I can't even be sarcastic about this! It makes me sick. NJ residents, vote or move! That goes for any other state that ignores the US Constitution. You either work to make changes or go somewhere that is more in line with your beliefs. Of course, you could just lay down and take it. Your choice.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    From article;;

They assaulted him, shocked him with a stun gun, and kidnapped him, driving him from New Jersey to Lake Ozark, Missouri.

He was blindfolded, beaten and threatened with death. Fortunately, he was finally able to escape and the kidnappers were arrested.
    Now back in New Jersey, Mr. Muller is understandably still shaken by the experience and fears reprisal from relatives of his abductors. He wants to protect himself, so he applied for a gun permit. He was denied. Twice. And the reason given for the denial? The Superior Court judge who ruled in the case said Mr. Muller provided “no proof of justifiable need” to carry a firearm!

Begin Rant;I guess to show proof of justifiable need, you would literally have to be walking into the courthouse, while fending off a violent attack
    ,and even then they probably would come up with some cock & bull story as to why you don't need it.

Hopefully the judge, or one of his loved ones will fall victim to a knuckledragger soon, and maybe come to have a renewed appreciation for Mr. Smith AND Mr. Wesson.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    From article;;

They assaulted him, shocked him with a stun gun, and kidnapped him, driving him from New Jersey to Lake Ozark, Missouri.

He was blindfolded, beaten and threatened with death. Fortunately, he was finally able to escape and the kidnappers were arrested.
    Now back in New Jersey, Mr. Muller is understandably still shaken by the experience and fears reprisal from relatives of his abductors. He wants to protect himself, so he applied for a gun permit. He was denied. Twice. And the reason given for the denial? The Superior Court judge who ruled in the case said Mr. Muller provided “no proof of justifiable need” to carry a firearm!

Begin Rant;I guess to show proof of justifiable need, you would literally have to be walking into the courthouse, while fending off a violent attack
    ,and even then they probably would come up with some cock & bull story as to why you don't need it.

Hopefully the judge, or one of his loved ones will fall victim to a knuckledragger soon, and maybe come to have a renewed appreciation for Mr. Smith AND Mr. Wesson.
    But it would only apply to themself, not the common unwashed masses.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Gotta love those states that don't think of the Constitution as anything more than a bad suggestion. Too bad I'm stuck in a state that would have said the same thing to the guy....

NJ, what did you expect? Sad, there are at least 45 other States to live in that would improve things immensely.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

My mom and dad are in their 80's now...still living in Massachusetts...

Next weekend I'm driving up to see them...I have to go through a bunch of gun-unfriendly states including New Jersey...

Like going near something that smells real bad...I hold my breath and hope...

SA goes into hyper-drive...I'll carry SD "alternatives"...hope and pray...and spend time with the parents...
    VCDL Member
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt

#1 I want the docket #...

#2 Appeal, and petition for costs of the appeal based on arbitrary and capricious ruling.

#3 Move.

Do people still live in New Jersey? Seriously? Even after this and countless other examples like it of that "state" no giving a damn about their safety?

Well then, they get what they deserve. There is an old saying that you get the quality of government that you deserve. I think this holds true. the pin heads in NJ keep voting these scum bags into office knowing fully what they are going to do so, if you choose to continue to live there, for whatever reasons, then I guess you are getting what you voted for.

As for me and my family, I am not a fan of the state we live in right now (Indiana) but that is completely unrelated to its gun laws and stance on the citizens right to self defense and owning guns for protection. I would never even consider living in NJ even for a job that pays million bucks a year. And no, I am not kidding.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    The only good reason to go to NJ is .................................................. .................................................. ......., um .................................................. ......................................, OK................................................ .....there is no good reason!!!
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    #1 I want the docket #...

#2 Appeal, and petition for costs of the appeal based on arbitrary and capricious ruling.

#3 Move.
    This is the same plaintiff that is currently in Federal court suing NJ. Case is Muller v. Maenza. I'm not positive, but this action in NJ state court was probably to dot I's and cross T's, as well as the plaintiff being desperate.
    This second denial was their way of preserving their discretionary system. A reversal would have demonstrated further that the standard of "need" is so subjective that it'll vary from one judge to the next.
    The appeals court, according to court documents, has NEVER reversed to give someone a permit, only take it away. The progression goes-you apply to the police, if rejected, you're basically done, the permit judge won't give you one either. But the permit judge has been known to refuse a permit approved by the police, which is what happened to Muller. The state PD superintendant approved his application, only to have the judge reject it.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I wonder if that judge has a carrying permit... up there is all about who you know. No different from a third world country in NJ and some nearby states. I am glad I live in FL.

Everything I hate is found in NJ when it comes to my beliefs.

Links