Washington state self defense rights under attack!! Action required!!!

This is a discussion on Washington state self defense rights under attack!! Action required!!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Please read the item at the following link. If you agree with me that this is an egregious assault on our rights, please contact your ...

Thread: Washington state self defense rights under attack!! Action required!!!

Washington state self defense rights under attack!! Action required!!!

Please read the item at the following link. If you agree with me that this is an egregious assault on our rights, please contact your state representative.

Rep. Hunter pushes 11th-hour anti-self-defense measure; Hearing Wednesday - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

2. Remove Ads

is that washington state reps or whatever state you are from?
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Well, if he gets it through, I hope it's his family that fails to get any aid when they need it.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I doubt that this will have any hope of passing. That being said, I really don't know how it's supposed to save the state any money. . . how many lawsuits have there been compared to the number of prosecutions that were aborted to prevent the payout?

For those of you that would like to join me in calling and emailing Mr. Hunter (sponsor) to let him know just how you feel about him wanting to repeal legislature in place to protect our rights to defend ourslelves and our loved ones here is his info:

Rep. Ross Hunter
    (D) 48th LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT

Olympia Office:
    105 Modular Building C
    PO Box 40600
    Olympia, WA 98504-0600
    (360) 786-7936

Here is how to write him an email: https://dlr.leg.wa.gov/memberemail/m...=48&position=1 (oddly enough it took longer than expected to get to this form where you can send him an email. You actually have to enter an address in his district or it won't let you get to it.....strange....)

Also for those of you that do live in WA, this man's district encompasses BELLEVUE and REDMOND....big surprise.......
    Last edited by Savage206; April 12th, 2011 at 05:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    EDC: FN FNP-9 w/ three 16 rnd magazines. Mini Maglite.

" The unarmed man is not just defenseless, he is also contemptible." ~ Machiavelli.

This is the same type of rhetoric that Sen. Kline, and his anti-gun colleagues, Sen. Jeanne Kohl-Welles (D-36th District) and State Rep. Ross Hunter have been doing for years, trying to take rights away from gun owners. Our state has been attacked over and over by politicians that think shenanigans like this will be swallowed by tax payers. The best way to end this is to vote them out.

How is this going to save money when we are going to fight this in Court Like when "Greg" Nickels lead our state into a legal battle over banning guns in parks? State attorney Rob McKenna, tried to save the money by telling him it was illegal and against Washington State constitution, but the retarded (Nickels) did it any how, spending a lot of taxpayers money in litigation.
    Last edited by Truckinfavis; April 13th, 2011 at 12:34 AM.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    The sad thing is that this guy probably believes that his constituents want this.

I don't understand how he tries to plug this as a cost saving measure though? It seems to me that this would result in more unnecessary lawsuits and litigation that will cost the State and make the lawyers a lot more money.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    The sad thing is that this guy probably believes that his constituents want this.
    You think? I dunno how long this guy's been in his seat, but I think most politicians stop caring about their constituency after the second or third term. Party notwithstanding.

I agree, as noted in the link, that this is to protect the state from overzealous prosecutors.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    I agree, as noted in the link, that this is to protect the state from overzealous prosecutors.
    What are you saying?
    House Bill 2067 would repeal RCW 9A.16.110, which protects citizens from “legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting by any reasonable means necessary, himself or herself, his or her family, or his or her real or personal property, or for coming to the aid of another who is in imminent danger of or the victim of assault, robbery, kidnapping, arson, burglary, rape, murder, or any other violent crime…”

The message I sent.

House Bill 2067 would repeal RCW 9A.16.110, which protects citizens from “legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting by any reasonable means necessary, himself or herself, his or her family, or his or her real or personal property, or for coming to the aid of another who is in imminent danger of or the victim of assault, robbery, kidnapping, arson, burglary, rape, murder, or any other violent crime…”

How is this going to protect the victims of violent crime? How are we supposed to keep prosecutors from attacking the victims of crime? How is this going to save tax payers? Doesn’t it cost tax payers to put criminals in prison? So putting victims behind bars because they defended themselves from an attacker is going to save money? This makes no sense.

Sincerely, Travis Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckinfavis View Post
    What are you saying?
    Agreed, 2067 would eliminate the legal protection of citizens and if I understand correctly would eliminate the requirement that a defense found to be justified would require payment of legal expenses of the defender. To me that is protecting the state (city, county, state) from financial penalty for overzealous prosecutors.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

simple answer : Kansas gives a person who "in self-defense of self or others" immunity from any civil action what-so-ever by anyone.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links