Positive change for Kansas

This is a discussion on Positive change for Kansas within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Kansas Permit holders may now use their CCW in lieu of NICS background check. ATF Open Letter...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VIP Member

Kansas Permit holders may now use their CCW in lieu of NICS background check.

ATF Open Letter
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Great, isn't it. Another step in the right direction.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

One step at a time!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Well, it's better than a step back...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    This may seem to be an insignificant rule except....

Other states will take note and some may also enact similar statutes to stay on par. Kansas has become a model gun friendly state for law abiding permit holders. They watched and waited to see what effect modern carry laws would have on other states before they updated their own statutes. When Kansas did make changes to their firearms statues, they crafted laws that now set the bar for other states to follow.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Quote Originally Posted by SIGP250 View Post
    This may seem to be an insignificant rule except....

Other states will take note and some may also enact similar statutes to stay on par. Kansas has become a model gun friendly state for law abiding permit holders. They watched and waited to see what effect modern carry laws would have on other states before they updated their own statutes. When Kansas did make changes to their firearms statues, they crafted laws that now set the bar for other states to follow.
    I hear ya about KS. But Missouri isn't a state to sneeze at either. We have a pretty good laws here too, as you well know. Always room for improvement, but I'm not disappointed in what we have either.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I hear ya about KS. But Missouri isn't a state to sneeze at either. We have a pretty good laws here too, as you well know. Always room for improvement, but I'm not disappointed in what we have either.
    Bark"n,

My point exactly. I believe Kansas took a wait and see approach while watching how Missouri's revised statues preformed. Kansas then largely modeled their revised carry statutes based on Missouri Firearms statutes.
    - Zen Saying

We need to take models from every state.

WA prosecution laws - no cost to you if found innocent.
    TX sundown property laws/castle doctrine - open season, no size restrictions or bag limit
    IA reciprocity - EVERYONE
    Constitutional carry states - OC and CC
    UT campus carrry

Then there are those little technicalities like jurisdictional preemption, restaurant carry, gun buster signs, proximity to schools, state and federal buildings, parks, etc.

I have a dream that there will be a perfect collaboration of civilian carry laws put together as simple as the 2A is written, permanently bonded into each states constitution.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I like it, my backround check comes back delayed every time, this will sure speed the process. Makes me want to buy something!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post

TX sundown property laws/castle doctrine - open season, no size restrictions or bag limit
    UT campus carrry
    Don't forget INDIANA = Lifetime ccw permit. Woo Hoo! Missouri needs that option!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I pheasant hunt in Kansas so i am glad when good things happen there

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post

UT campus carrry

Then there are those little technicalities like jurisdictional preemption, restaurant carry, gun buster signs, proximity to schools, state and federal buildings, parks, etc.

I have a dream that there will be a perfect collaboration of civilian carry laws put together as simple as the 2A is written, permanently bonded into each states constitution.
    That's for sure.

I want my cake and I want to eat it too. I would like to see less Federal government gun control but at the same time I would like to see more State AG's and legislators come to common agreement on firearms statutes, without giving up any individual States rights.
    - Zen Saying

Texas has had the CHL license holders don't need a background check for firearms purchases for over 5 years I know of.makes everything go really smooth,I have used it at least 1/2 dozen times.Right now were trying to get Campus Carry passed
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Keeping this letter in my wallet, just in case.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Nice! I wish Colorado would follow. You also got rid of K. Sebelius.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links