How active in supporting your freedom and rights are you?

This is a discussion on How active in supporting your freedom and rights are you? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We all post our passions for firearms and the 2nd amendment rights we have. How many of us are actively involved through some means in ...

View Poll Results: How do you support our freedoms and 2nd Amend. rights

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Actively write letters and $ support, NRA and vote pro 2nd A

15 48.39%
  • Try to respond to key issues when needed and vote

10 32.26%
  • Wish I had time to do more. I send $$ to 2nd A orgs.

0 0%
  • Not active but do vote pro 2nd A

6 19.35%
  • So far not involved

0 0%
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By wmhawth
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By ks kid
  • 1 Post By Bear67

Thread: How active in supporting your freedom and rights are you?

How active in supporting your freedom and rights are you?

We all post our passions for firearms and the 2nd amendment rights we have. How many of us are actively involved through some means in keeping those rights under the extreme pressures in our world to take them away. I guarantee those who support freedom and the constitution out number those who do not. We just can not remain silent. Let me know how you keep our rights alive. Thanks for sharing.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

2. Remove Ads

I'm just a pro 2a voter and longtime NRA member.
    bigdog44 likes this.

I'm not a supporting member of any 2a organizations. (NRA, GOA)
    I am an individual citizen that writes letters and sends emails to my elected officials without an "affiliation."

I don't know if it really matters, but an individual letter from a constituent that isn't part of a "mail flood" and isn't sending mass emails at the click of a mouse every time some organization tells him to, ought to carry a little more weight than the others.

I know I'm kidding myself, our elected officials only respond to $$$.
    bigdog44 likes this.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Member of several pro-gun organizations...active letter/email writer...'careful' voter.
    bigdog44 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Write letters, send money pro-2a groups, member of 2a groups and instructor for Hunters ED. In Ks, we spend a couple of hours in the class talking about rights, it's a great way to get our future generation on the right path.
    bigdog44 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I'm not a supporting member of any 2a organizations. (NRA, GOA)
    I am an individual citizen that writes letters and sends emails to my elected officials without an "affiliation."

I don't know if it really matters, but an individual letter from a constituent that isn't part of a "mail flood" and isn't sending mass emails at the click of a mouse every time some organization tells him to, ought to carry a little more weight than the others.

I know I'm kidding myself, our elected officials only respond to $$$.
    It starts here. This is great stuff. I think it always matters but I, like you, am just a voting member of society. Beauty is when we all get together and we are like minded and passionate, we have power.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

You didn't have a "Have all my Representatives on speed dial and are on a first name basis" option.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

We all complain about laws, but do we do our fair share to change them? Texas is in a bi-annual session of the state legislature and several key bills that affect me and my family are in the hopper--both gun related and other.

To date, I have faxed, emailed and called over 200 times when a key vote was due in committee or action was needed on the house or senate floor. My representative and senator are both very pro gun rights, so I contact them and others who need to hear from the voters. You can bet that groups like the "Woodies" are promoting mass mailings from student groups on campus carry. We either get our messages heard or we shouldn't complain when what we want never gets to the floor for a vote. We have Republican/conservative control of the legislature, but still have to fight to get the legislation we want to be voted on.

I also have mailed, emailed, and faxed my US representative and Senator. I urge all concerned citizens to get to know your representatives--I personally do not like my state rep, but he knows who I am when I call or meet with him in the home district--he lied to us big time when he ran for a second term, but he is the man I must deal with right now. It does not hurt to support those folks who are fighting for our rights with our funds when they are running and it is always good to thank them for their support when it is given. Democracy requires citizen input--include yours!

I am getting down off my soapbox now!
    bigdog44 likes this.

Links