Will the ATF make your shotgun illegal?

This is a discussion on Will the ATF make your shotgun illegal? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I seen a story on The Blaze talking about the reclassification of the term "sporting" so they can ban most of our shotguns. I can't ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Will the ATF make your shotgun illegal?

Will the ATF make your shotgun illegal?

I seen a story on The Blaze talking about the reclassification of the term "sporting" so they can ban most of our shotguns. I can't post link from my phone, maybe someone can post the link for me. Thanks
    How much will they be able to ban by regulation
    before the elections?
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

sent the ATF my letter about this how about u
    bigdog44 likes this.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

This has to do with imported shotguns. Their target is the Saiga 12 shotgun. This would not be the first time the ATF banned a shotgun from import under the "sporting purposes" clause of the GCA of 1968. In 1984 the ATF applied the "sporting purposes" clause to a South African made semi-auto shotgun and banned it. This was the first time a long gun was banned from importation to the US. In 1986 the another shotgun was banned. In 1989 43 semi-auto rifles were banned.

http://rpc.senate.gov/releases/1998/importban-kf.htm

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Not too long before they get to something like my shotgun; Remington 887 Nitro-Mag, tactical (black rust-proof finish). The magazine holds 4 rounds+ 1 in the chamber (Came with magazine plug for 'bird hunting', but I removed it immediately upon getting it home).
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

The ATF Study Entitled: Study On The Importability of Certain Shotguns

http://www.atf.gov/publications/fire...n-shotguns.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    sent the ATF my letter about this how about u
    Point taken.
    I have sent letters to my reps in Washington, but under this administration I don't think the ATF cares what we say!
    There trying every avenue available, regulation and executive orders will be attempted.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

So for you guys noting that it is about "Import shotguns, then you don't care ? Interesting. History has demonstrated time and again that the Federal government is a creeping regulatory mechanism. They go after the imports, then when that flies with the public (relatively no uproar) then after domestic production, then bans. So this time they want shotguns to conform to their idea of a "sporting" shotgun.......then a few years go by and they define what a "sporting" rifle is in their mind and eventually what a "sporting" handgun in ad fini tome until all B gone.

Frankly I'm done with this creeping crap. No more. The line is drawn. Laws are only effective if the public conforms and this public John is exercising his God given rights. I'll fight in the ballot box, I'll fight in the courts, or I'll just fail to conform. We got enough laws, ENOUGH !
    "Improvise, adapt, overcome."

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    woah wait, i believe the 2A said keep and bear arms, not you can have this gun this gun and this gun, but not that gun. I should be able to walk into a gun shop, slap a grand on the table and walk out with a fully auto uzi and for an extra three hundred suppress it without any tax stamps, this is getting rediculous
    nigelvertigo and TN_Mike like this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

So for you guys noting that it is about "Import shotguns, then you don't care ?
    Never said that. i do care and i wrote a letter to the BATFE. i'm simply pointing out that semi auto shotguns have been banned before. Strange that the first president to ban shotguns from import is often called "the gunowners champion."

Even in poor gun-law benighted England people can own a shotgun. Shotguns are short-range weapons, not much of a threat to the One World Order crowd (they would own the rifles in their "Utopia") and I would think shotguns would be given a pass. So much for thinking.
    The first rule of self-defense is to avoid the situation. The second rule is Train and Prepare.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    woah wait, i believe the 2A said keep and bear arms, not you can have this gun this gun and this gun, but not that gun. I should be able to walk into a gun shop, slap a grand on the table and walk out with a fully auto uzi and for an extra three hundred suppress it without any tax stamps, this is getting rediculous
    It's not getting ridiculous kid. It's is ridiculous and has been for years.
    TN_Mike, oneshot and Freedom Doc like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsetrader View Post
    So for you guys noting that it is about "Import shotguns, then you don't care ? Interesting. History has demonstrated time and again that the Federal government is a creeping regulatory mechanism. They go after the imports, then when that flies with the public (relatively no uproar) then after domestic production, then bans. So this time they want shotguns to conform to their idea of a "sporting" shotgun.......then a few years go by and they define what a "sporting" rifle is in their mind and eventually what a "sporting" handgun in ad fini tome until all B gone.

Frankly I'm done with this creeping crap. No more. The line is drawn. Laws are only effective if the public conforms and this public John is exercising his God given rights. I'll fight in the ballot box, I'll fight in the courts, or I'll just fail to conform. We got enough laws, ENOUGH !

^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Obama made it clear he would not touch the 2nd Amedment. He never said anything about going after guns via regulations! This again was a topic many of us had red flags up on Obama when we were told to shut up , stop being a hater, racist, bigot for only looking at and questioning his voting history etc with regards to guns.

This administration should raise the hair on the back of the neck of every firearms owner in this country.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    This regulation would affect shotguns made by FNH, Saiga, Benelli, Fabarm, CZ and Beretta. How are they going to deal with the fact that Benelli and Beretta are Military firearm suppliers to US Troops? It doesn't make sense to ban certain style of shotguns, but only on imports. Does this mean that Mossberg, Winchester and Remington shotguns are less deadly than those made overseas? What happens if I buy a regular legal shotgun by Benelli and then I add a tactical stock, a Surefire tactical light fore end with laser, a choke barrel and add a shot shell side saddle? Would this make this shotgun illegal?

The Government sure has a lot of free time to think about this dumb regulations!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    This regulation would affect shotguns made by FNH, Saiga, Benelli, Fabarm, CZ and Beretta. How are they going to deal with the fact that Benelli and Beretta are Military firearm suppliers to US Troops? It doesn't make sense to ban certain style of shotguns, but only on imports. Does this mean that Mossberg, Winchester and Remington shotguns are less deadly than those made overseas? What happens if I buy a regular legal shotgun by Benelli and then I add a tactical stock, a Surefire tactical light fore end with laser, a choke barrel and add a shot shell side saddle? Would this make this shotgun illegal?

The Government sure has a lot of free time to think about this dumb regulations!
    Exactly, most things you would put on a good defensive shotgun will make it illegal!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links