Canada Voted Today, And Gun Owners Won!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Canada Voted Today, And Gun Owners Won!!!!!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good deal . Will they let you have ammo to ? LOL, or does that come later. Feel for you guys, but then you'll probably ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Canada Voted Today, And Gun Owners Won!!!!!!

Good deal . Will they let you have ammo to ? LOL, or does that come later. Feel for you guys, but then you'll probably be ahead of Chicago.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Getting rid of the Long gun registry is the first step, after it's gone, the streets will not run with blood, people won't go crazy, we just have to make sure it's completly dismantled so it will be to costly to restart. We also have to fix the whole Firearms Act, there are just so many things wrong with it. We hope to get one MP (Member of Pariliment) who has been a long term and vocal opponent of gun control as the lead on re-drafting a new Firearms Act. We know they want to have a fair bit of law around guns and ownership, but this time the gun owners want to write the law, not the anti's.

Many of us gun owners, volunteered, donated to conservatives and wrote letters, attended rally's to name a few things. We are starting to be noticed, by the Conservative party and the gun-control nuts, who claim that it's a international plot by the NRA.

Started the week off with OBL dead and now a majority Conservative government, it's going to be a good week :)

Saw this thread and noted how the long gun registry is indeed on it's way out. I heard my local member of parliment talking about handgun laws and the right to carry. We'll have to wait and see where it goes.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Outstanding. It just should have never been lost to begin with. But then again you dont realize what you had until you lost it and see how hard if possible at all it is to get it back.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Congrats!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

As liberalism fails across the world, more and more countries are starting to embrace the conservative values which creates jobs and builds robust economies. Along with that, comes a return of sanity.

Congratulations GunnyBunny, that's a major step for our Canadian friends to the north. We can only hope that in the future, the handgun registry will also fall. Keep your chin up and keep up the good work!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Excellent news!

mel
    Congratulations. Now if you can get rid of the over burdining taxes that you folks have to deal with, and maybe win a Cup someday (sorry sore subject I'm sure), you will realize even more freedoms, eh?

Don't worry, the UN is trying to get Canada to sign the Small Arms Treaty as well and get rid of all guns owned by citizens of any country. Whoooppeeee.

Stay in the battle, and I hope you get the handguns next.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links