Campus carry almost a reality in Texas.

This is a discussion on Campus carry almost a reality in Texas. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Getting closer. Republicans in Texas Senate approve guns on campus | khou.com Houston While this only would apply to public universities it is a step ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By socal2310

Thread: Campus carry almost a reality in Texas.

Campus carry almost a reality in Texas.

Getting closer.
    Republicans in Texas Senate approve guns on campus | khou.com Houston

While this only would apply to public universities it is a step in the right direction.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Texas of all places, I cannot believe there is much resistance. Did anyone see the people shot and killed at San Jose State in CA yesterday? Naw, best to not let them be armed...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

about time...

I wrote my Representative and was told that he was going to vote against campus carry,because several Deans thought it would create an unsafe environment.If it passes even tho the CHL age is 21 Texas allows concealed handguns in vehicles without a permit,so driving to and from College and being armed on the road would be a great relief for some parents
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

And the thing that really irks me about all the press on this is that they are misleading everyone. I can carry on campus now. I just can't carry into any buildings on campus. The way a lot of the media seem to spinning this is that it is illegal to posess a weapon anywhere on a college campus now and that is just not the case.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    And the thing that really irks me about all the press on this is that they are misleading everyone. I can carry on campus now. I just can't carry into any buildings on campus. The way a lot of the media seem to spinning this is that it is illegal to posess a weapon anywhere on a college campus now and that is just not the case.
    Actually, what gets me is that anyone could walk on campus and into a classroom at this very moment carrying a concealed firearm and chances are that no one would ever know until he pulled it out and started shooting.

My dream is to someday see a law passed that would require enforcement of gun free zones: No firearms allowed on premises = metal detectors, armed security and weapon lockers.

Without those steps, it isn't a gun free zone, it's just a no legal guns zone.

Ryan
    RevolvingMag likes this.
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

And... campus carry is dead this session. The way the legislative machine works, even a supermajority of Republicans in the house, and a strong majority in the Senate, couldn't get it passed. :-(

Well... Austin Police Chief is pushing against it HARD. He keeps coming out and speaking against it saying he doesn't want a bunch of "college vigilantes" running around trying to shoot the guy with a gun. I do not like mr. Art police chief. He has some really messed up views on some things.

Links