NRA files suit against illinois' unconstitutional ban on CC

This is a discussion on NRA files suit against illinois' unconstitutional ban on CC within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; great to hear them taking action. NRA-ILA :: NRA Files Suit Against Unconstitutional Ban on Carrying Firearms for Self-Defense in Illinois Mary Shepard is an ...

Thread: NRA files suit against illinois' unconstitutional ban on CC

great to hear them taking action.
    NRA-ILA :: NRA Files Suit Against Unconstitutional Ban on Carrying Firearms for Self-Defense in Illinois
    Mary Shepard is an Illinois resident and a trained gun owner with no criminal record, who is licensed to carry a concealed handgun in two other states. Because Illinois remains the only state that completely prohibits all law-abiding citizens from carrying firearms for self-defense outside the home, Mary Shepard also became a crime victim.
    i'm beginning to think this is just a scare tactic. i mean i know they'll go through with it... but i think it' an attempt to get the legislative branch to go along with the conceal carry bill and get gov. quinn to just sign it for fear that he'll be sued...

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    As in the Heller and McDonald cases, the NRA often attempts to identify the perfect plaintiff before it pursues a macro level gun rights case. I think this is a worthy case to pursue to force clarification of Second Amendment rights, especially while the court is still stacked to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    great to hear them taking action.
    NRA-ILA :: NRA Files Suit Against Unconstitutional Ban on Carrying Firearms for Self-Defense in Illinois

i'm beginning to think this is just a scare tactic. i mean i know they'll go through with it... but i think it' an attempt to get the legislative branch to go along with the conceal carry bill and get gov. quinn to just sign it for fear that he'll be sued...
    Politicians have no fear of being sued personally for acts taken in the course of their employment unless those acts are illegal.

Not passing a law isn't illegal, so they are sued as legal representatives of their office - and they don't care...

I am hoping these suits (The Second Amendment Foundation also filed) will force enough legislators to flip their vote and we can get it done. The bill is still on the table and can be voted on at anytime.
    The vote last week only missed by 6 votes, 71 being necessary to prevent a Governor's veto and to do away with any home rule provisions (Chicago).

The NRA kicked some a$$ in Washington and Chicago already. I don't see any reason why they can't defeat the Peoples Republik of Illinois. Their plaintiff is an elderly woman who is a gun owner who was viciously attacked while working at her Church. She makes a perfect plaintiff in favor of armed rights for everyone.

Links