Florida gun owner action alert! Floridians contact governor scott now!!

Florida gun owner action alert! Floridians contact governor scott now!!

This is a discussion on Florida gun owner action alert! Floridians contact governor scott now!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; URGENT ALERT : CONTACT FLORIDA GOVERNOR RICK SCOTT TODAY ! TWO PRIORITY BILLS -- HB-155 & HB-45 NEED TO BE SIGNED DATE: May 26, 2011 ...

Thread: Florida gun owner action alert! Floridians contact governor scott now!!

Exclamation Florida gun owner action alert! Floridians contact governor scott now!!

URGENT ALERT : CONTACT FLORIDA GOVERNOR RICK SCOTT TODAY !

TWO PRIORITY BILLS -- HB-155 & HB-45 NEED TO BE SIGNED

DATE: May 26, 2011
    TO: USF & NRA Members and Friends
    USF Executive Director
    NRA Past President

Governor Rick Scott received two priority Second Amendment bills yesterday.

HB-155 Privacy of Firearms Owners by Rep. Jason Brodeur & Sen. Greg Evers to stop pediatricians from invading privacy rights of gun owners and bringing anti-gun politics into medical examining rooms.

HB-45 Penalties for Violating Firearms Preemption Law by Rep. Matt Gaetz & Sen. Joe Negron to stop local governments and government officials from enacting gun control ordinances in violating of Florida law.

Governor Scott has a deadline of Thursday, June 9, 2011 to take action on these two bills or they will become law without his signature. He has two actions available: sign the bills or veto the bills.

The American Acadmeny of Pediatrics and the Florida Pediatric Society are reported to be waging a campaign to get Governor Scott to veto HB-155.

Anti-gun local government officials and burecrats are reported to be urging Governor Scott to veto HB-45.

Please email Governor Scott right away and urge him to sign HB-155 and HB-45

rick.scott@eog.myflorida.com

IN THE SUBJECT LINE PUT: Protect Gun Rights - PLEASE SIGN HB-155 & HB-45

PLEASE EMAIL GOVERNOR SCOTT TODAY

BACKGROUND ON HB-155

Doctors need to treat illness, not guns. Pediatricians and other physicians, in growing numbers, are prying into our personal lives, invading our privacy and straying from issues relating to disease and medicine by questioning children or their parents about gun ownership.

We take our children to physicians for medical care, not moral judgment, political harassment, and privacy intrusions - and that is what HB-155 intends to prohibit.

This bill comes in answer to families who are complaining about the growing political agenda being carried out in examination rooms by doctors and medical staffs - and the arrogant berating if a patient refuses to answer questions that violate privacy rights and offend common decency.

Horrified parents have described nurses entering the answers to gun questions into laptop computers to become a part of medical records. They have become concerned about whether those records can be used by the government or by insurance companies to deny health care coverage because a family exercises a civil right in owning firearms.

As parents, we are responsible for our children's safety. We don't need doctors pushing their anti-gun politics on us or our kids. We need them to spend their time practicing medicine and not prying into our personal lives on issues that have nothing to do with disease, its cure, or its eradication.

BACKGROUND ON HB-45

In 1987 the Florida Legislature passed the Firearms Preemption law (f.s.790.33) to provide uniformity of gun laws -- in fact, it is called the "Joe Carlucci Uniform Firearms Act."

It was intended to stop local governments from making criminals out of law-abiding citizens simply because they crossed a city or county line. It was intended to provide uniform gun laws so that no matter where in the state you live and no matter where in the state you travel, the same gun laws apply.

Unfortunately, the law contains no penalties because no one ever imagined that local elected officials and government workers would willfully and knowingly violate state law.

The absence of penalties has lead to many intentional violations and has resulted in subsequent lawsuits to protect the rights of citizens.

Over and over again, NRA attorneys have written letters to local governments informing them that proposed ordinances violate state law. Unfortunately, when their lawyers confirm that the ordinance would be illegal, they usually also explain that there are no penalties for violating the law -- consequently, some jurisdictions have arrogantly thumbed their noses at state law and have passed illegal ordinances anyhow.

In 2000, the City of South Miami was one of the cities that NRA lawyers wrote concerning a proposed ordinance that violated state law.

The City's external counsel confirmed that it was a violation, but also noted that there were no penalties. We were informed that Commissioners were told that without penalties, they could do what they wanted to do. Further, that an illegal ordinance would stand until the City was sued and a court declared the ordinance void.

The rights of gun owners were being violated, so NRA sued.

NRA won the lawsuit and, in fact, the appellate court even noted in it's opinion that the court had previously ruled that local ordinances violate state law.

It is not the NRA's responsibility to enforce state law, but nobody else will do it because there are no specified penalties.

This has to stop.

This bill provides penalties for local officials and local governments that willfully and knowingly violate the preemption law. Penalties are designed to stop violations.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Sent ^_^

Lets hope for the best

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I sent mine. Thanks...Would you be so kind as to see my post from yesterday and call Senator McConnell ?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The email link in post #1 is NG.
    My email was just returned.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    I sent mine. Thanks...Would you be so kind as to see my post from yesterday and call Senator McConnell ?
    LOL I already did!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    The email link in post #1 is NG.
    My email was just returned.
    I dunno, mine went through no sweat. I even got a nice e-mail acknowledgement of receipt from the Governor's Office.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    I dunno, mine went through no sweat. I even got a nice e-mail acknowledgement of receipt from the Governor's Office.
    I'll try again.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Sponsored Links