An idea for converting Anti's (long) - Page 2

An idea for converting Anti's (long)

This is a discussion on An idea for converting Anti's (long) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by RockBottom People who advocate gun control have some legitimate concerns. How do you figure? The underlying acts (murder, assault & battery, theft, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: An idea for converting Anti's (long)

Quote Originally Posted by RockBottom View Post
    People who advocate gun control have some legitimate concerns.
    How do you figure? The underlying acts (murder, assault & battery, theft, kidnapping) are already illegal. Banning mail-order purchase of guns because somebody used a gun purchased by mail-order to commit a crime isn't legitimate, it's stupid. Even anti-gunners agree it's stupid, just start arguing for a ban on mail-order purchases of kitchen knives because you know somebody who was killed with a mail-order knife. They'll look at you like you just grew a second head. If they're nevertheless still defending a ban on mail-order guns it's proof their "concerns" were never grounded in public safety.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I probably have a lot of thoughts to go with this that I am thinking but didn't put down.

I have no dissolution that this might cause a mass migration of extreme Anti-gun people to move over to the pro 2A, just trying to effect some small change that will hopefully grow over time. I have been on the Anti-gun sites arguing my side, trying to show them logic and reason, I know how futile it is. those people are beyond any help from us.

If someone who has never really put any though into the 2A one way or the other, suddenly hears someone preaching the Anti message, why wouldn't they join on, they have no reason not to. If we can get them to at least think about it, and have an idea in their head, then they will have a base to compare this new message against. That's all I would hope to gain from this idea.

Thanks again for your input.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    How do you figure? The underlying acts (murder, assault & battery, theft, kidnapping) are already illegal. Banning mail-order purchase of guns because somebody used a gun purchased by mail-order to commit a crime isn't legitimate, it's stupid. Even anti-gunners agree it's stupid, just start arguing for a ban on mail-order purchases of kitchen knives because you know somebody who was killed with a mail-order knife. They'll look at you like you just grew a second head. If they're nevertheless still defending a ban on mail-order guns it's proof their "concerns" were never grounded in public safety.
    These are your opinions and add on a lot of assumptions negative to anyone who doesn't agree with you. This type of view for anything to do with any desire anyone has for any type of regulation does not "convert" anyone to anything: it makes everyone with differing views the "enemy".

If you create enemies that's what you'll have.

I vote to take them for a ride,drop them off in a bad part of town and tell them you will pick them up down the road in about 10 minutes,after you pick them up ask them now don't you wish you had a gun for the last 10 minutes
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Moderator
    ANTI...means "against" something.

Anti-gunners are against guns for one reason or another. They have already come to a conclusion based on something.

To expect them to all of change or think because of a bill board or advertising of some sort is a it unrealistic I think.

To give an example...the Antis can post all the crap that they want in hopes that it will reach us...the "pro" gunners. Most of the people on this board are in fact "pro-gun"with the exception of several anti's that we have posing as such.

How does it affect us when we read such stuff? Most of us dismiss it as gibberish, junk,illogical reasoning, speculation or just pure garbage with no basis in reality. I'm pretty sure they feel the same way about all the "pro-gun" stuff they read.

I think its a bit unrealistic to assume that they would, or could be changed by something that is pro-gun.

With that being said, I have instructed several extremely anti-gun people that experienced a life changing event in which reality woke them up and forced them to adjust.
    Short of a life changing event, I just don't see it happening.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    These are your opinions and add on a lot of assumptions negative to anyone who doesn't agree with you.
    Ok then. Please explain what relationship there is between means of delivery (mail order) and public safety.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links