LEO Encounter Traffic accident

This is a discussion on LEO Encounter Traffic accident within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got invited to go see the Hangover 2 tonight and decided to ride my Bike Honda 750,I was riding on a 3 lane frontage ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: LEO Encounter Traffic accident

LEO Encounter Traffic accident

I got invited to go see the Hangover 2 tonight and decided to ride my Bike Honda 750,I was riding on a 3 lane frontage road by 83 highway in the lane nearest to the Highway when a Cadillac came out of a Strip Mall Parking lot and instead of turning into the nearest lane as required by law he decided to come into my lane,he never saw me and as he came out I hit the brakes and honked,he stopped with just enough room for my bike to squeak by,but not my saddle bag which was torn off.
    Mission Tx Police showed up after calling them and I handed over my DL CHL and proof of Insurance,Officer never said anything about my gun and he said are you ok,I said yes I never went down,he said your lucky,I said I'm gonna buy a lottery ticket.
    Great LEO interaction,and the guy that hit me never knew I was packing even tho we were within 8 feet of each other
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Great interaction with LE, not so good with the Cadillac. Glad you weren't hurt.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    It sounds like the officer did ok and you were lucky. Was the other driver cited?

That's the bad thing about riding a motorcycle or bicycle -- if you ride long enough, a car or truck will crash into you. I saw a guy who had dumped his motorcycle lying in the middle of a country road, about a month ago. He might've been dead from taking the turn too fast. I pulled over and a fire truck had already been called.

No citations were issued,Usually an LEO won't issue a citation for an offense that wasn't committed in their presence,or unless the accident scene proves a violation,both vehicles had been moved at the time of LEO's arrival,I wasn't gonna sit in a lane of traffic and get rear ended.I will file a claim for replacing my saddlebags,they were only about 3 months old
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Glad to hear it was only a graze and that you are OK. It seems bikes getting hit by cars has risen to epidemic levels around here. Silly drivers on cell phones are a big part of that increase.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I got invited to go see the Hangover 2 tonight
    Hah. That's how I spent my night also...

Ditto, no bike. Good movie.

Good to hear you were able to handle the vehicle/bike interaction. Most riders panic and lock up. Good leo encounter as well.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    Glad to hear it was only a graze and that you are OK. It seems bikes getting hit by cars has risen to epidemic levels around here. Silly drivers on cell phones are a big part of that increase.
    I think the laws on cellphone use and texting are too loose. Anyone caught driving while using a cellphone or texting should face a mandatory minimum $250.00 fine for 1st offense, and increasing after that. A mandatory drivers improvement school should also be required as part of the sentence.
    redrick likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    dukalmighty, glad you came out of it uninjured.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Glad your ok and never went doen.

Soft or Hard saddle bag?

Pics? :D

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Glad you were alert and O.K., many 'car' drivers DO NOT see motorcycles...do go buy that lottery ticket.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Cool

Glad you were not hurt.

Even though no citations were issued if the officer did a Crash Report and indicated fault on the other driver then the insurance claim should be paid by that drivers carrier.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I'm sure happy you had your SA working, you have to watch all of the other traffic, as they do not watch for you.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    he may have looked your way but a cycle often fits inside the blind spot. a quick glancing enough--always look twice and than again in the direction you are turning away from.

but few drivers pay even basic attention, so, ua--they are out to get ua.

though id get the police report and contact the driver for a claim; he owes you an new saddle bag.
    I'll bet when you mention his insurance company he will want to settle.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    - if you ride long enough, a car or truck will crash into you.
    My dads friend was riding and the car in front of him stopped short and he ran smack into the rear of the car flipping him off bike over the car landing in front of the car. The driver not knowing what happened behind him pulled forward and drove over my fathers friend. Bump Bump. So dads friend is back behind the rear bumper were he started.

Yes, He was ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links