FL Gov Signs -> Suit by: Brady Campaign's Law Firm Also Representing Pediatricians

FL Gov Signs -> Suit by: Brady Campaign's Law Firm Also Representing Pediatricians

This is a discussion on FL Gov Signs -> Suit by: Brady Campaign's Law Firm Also Representing Pediatricians within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Birds of a feather.... Ropes & Gray, the law firm that has represented the "Brady Campaign," the nation's largest anti-gun/gun ban organization in lawsuits, is ...

Birds of a feather....

Ropes & Gray, the law firm that has represented the "Brady Campaign," the nation's largest anti-gun/gun ban organization in lawsuits, is also representing pediatricians and threatening a lawsuit to usurp the privacy rights and gun rights of patients in Florida. Click here to see the law firm connection.
    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6874
    Last edited by rolyat63; June 5th, 2011 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Added link
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Click where?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Click where?
    What ret said !
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Added the link, Sorry about that.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

VIP Member
    Unless the doctor has training and expertise in the field of firearms safety I don't think he's capable of informing someone about it. I definitely don't think any information pertaining to firearms in the home should be in the medical records.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

If a doctor is asking questions of me or my kids (when they were small) about my guns, unless he is a gun buff, he will get an earful, right before I change doctors. They want to try to berate me, have at it.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Proof positive that the Brady kooks don't support the fourth or fifth amendments either. Our democracy is safe in their hands. (Sarcasm intended).
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

The only question my Dr had about my shooting was wether I was wearing ear and eye protection. And that came up in conversation about some slight hearing loss. Other than that, none of their business. What makes them think they have a right to know?
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Ha ....... have a Doctor ask me that question. I'll ask him some very private intimate questions about sex with his wife, and when he asks what business is that of mine, I'll advise him that he just answered his own question to me. NONE .

I don't like the "doctor ego" . Doctors & I , well.... is tenious anyway. I find "Doctors" telling and demanding and ordering people this and that..... and laugh about some of it. I advised one Doctor, I don't work for you ...... I'm paying your bills, so that means I'm hiring you for a service, and as the "customer" of that service, I'll decide whether I think it's worth it or not.... not you .... you are just a hired employee. I also told one that he reminded me of a Mgr of a McDonalds ... shove em in and shove em out with something that will keep them happy for the moment and a toy (pill).

Remember ; deaths in the USA due to Doctors .... is much higher than all of the deaths where a gun was used. So, who's the biggest danger to your children .... the gun, or the Doctor ? ? ?

I applaud Florida for passage of this law, the invasion of privacy by Doctors and the idea that they want to jam their political agenda down our throats... is way beyond too far.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Sponsor
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My Dr. and I belong to the same Gun Club.

Good on FL for this. If it wasn't so dadblammed hot there I might relocate. A week in Boca was as near to Hell as I ever hope to be, and that was in May!
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

I shoot with onea my doctors and during an exam had to take my shirt off displaying my combat commander,his nurse said "oh you carry too"that was the end of it.
    Wanta talk heat,I met a guy from Georgia just moved down here,he said dang it's hot,I said it gets this hot in Georgia,he said yeah but not til August,It has been hitting close to a hunnert with heat index in the low hunnerts
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    They really need to concentrate on the health problems before them in the clinics. Leave a brochure in the lobby, but keep your politics out of people's records!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Links