NC lawmakers revisit school zero-tolerance rules

This is a discussion on NC lawmakers revisit school zero-tolerance rules within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; RALEIGH, N.C. -- North Carolina legislators are heading toward a bipartisan consensus that it may be time to junk the zero-tolerance policies against weapons and ...

Thread: NC lawmakers revisit school zero-tolerance rules

VIP Member

NC lawmakers revisit school zero-tolerance rules

RALEIGH, N.C. --
    North Carolina legislators are heading toward a bipartisan consensus that it may be time to junk the zero-tolerance policies against weapons and student violence that mushroomed after the Columbine school slayings in 1999.

The state Senate is scheduled to take up legislation Wednesday that would revamp laws on student discipline, including ending zero-tolerance policies that have led to suspensions for taking a parent's paring knife when packed lunches were mixed up.
    NC lawmakers revisit school zero-tolerance rules | NBC17.com

Itís about time someone starts looking at changing these Zero Tolerance (Zero Intelligence) laws, after all how many students have been suspended for drawing a picture of a gun or bringing a toy gun to school. They need to consider any infractions on a case-by-case basis rather than just a rubber stamp with no consideration.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

I like the idea, but you'd think they would tell you what bill it was. I like to look them over myself when possible. Did not see anything resembling this on the calendar for Wed, except one on bullying and harassment.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    There was only a brief mention on the news this morning and I posted hoping some more adept members will find and post the possible bill. When it comes to researching legislation my skills are severally lacking.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Links