Wisconsin passes CCW? - Page 2

Wisconsin passes CCW?

This is a discussion on Wisconsin passes CCW? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We have that (stickers) in Minnesota to. At first many stores posted. Didn't take but a year or two for them to figure out it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wisconsin passes CCW?

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    We have that (stickers) in Minnesota to. At first many stores posted. Didn't take but a year or two for them to figure out it drove business away. Door stickers are not not very common except at banks LOL go figure.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

The good news is that the bill is structured similar to the Minnesota Carry permit so if you were to enter a posted establishment they would still have to ask you to leave and you refuse before you could be charged with a crime.

WI has been working on this long and hard. I knew last November 6th that this was finally out year.

What about preemption and reciprocity?

No word on that topic at this time. The focus has been on making a bill that would be passed by both houses and would not be vetoed by the Governor.

The good bill allowing CC w/o a permit and in almost all buildings was shot down when the Governor said he was opposed to any CC bill that required no training.

Something is better than nothing. I'm happy to finally move out of the dark ages.

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    What about preemption and reciprocity?
    Nothing is for sure yet but what i read earlier is Wisconsin was to recognize all licenses from states with equal or greater restrictions training requirements etc. The down side I think is that it appears the training requirement is very light. Now don'[t get me wrong I'm not a fan of any retirements. but what happens is because the requirements are low the likely hood of a neighboring state like Minnesota recognizing a Wisconsin permit is pretty poor. In other words good for all out staters coming in but those in Wisconsin will need to look at getting a Utah or Florida permit as well. IMHO Hope I'm wrong.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Its about time
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    Nothing is for sure yet but what i read earlier is Wisconsin was to recognize all licenses from states with equal or greater restrictions training requirements etc. The down side I think is that it appears the training requirement is very light. Now don'[t get me wrong I'm not a fan of any retirements. but what happens is because the requirements are low the likely hood of a neighboring state like Minnesota recognizing a Wisconsin permit is pretty poor. In other words good for all out staters coming in but those in Wisconsin will need to look at getting a Utah or Florida permit as well. IMHO Hope I'm wrong.
    I was trying to work through the wording of the bill a couple days ago - it looked like reciprocity is based on similar background checks, meeting the criteria of section 175.something of the statutes. But I could not find that section to see what it actually requires for the background check.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    I was trying to work through the wording of the bill a couple days ago - it looked like reciprocity is based on similar background checks, meeting the criteria of section 175.something of the statutes. But I could not find that section to see what it actually requires for the background check.
    here is the link to 175. even tho I'm retired I have not the patients to read it all. Lats I read (in real English) was it was to be modeled after Minnesota carry law. In other words. If your a good citizen, no felonies, pay your spousal & child support, not on a gang list, and not under treatment for mental issues you can 9or will be able to) carry concealed. If your licensed in another state it almost assuredly will be recognized in Wisconsin.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/Stat0175.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links