Wisconsin passes CCW?

Wisconsin passes CCW?

This is a discussion on Wisconsin passes CCW? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just got off the phone with a very good friend of mine and it sounds like Wisconsin will join the rest of the civilized world, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wisconsin passes CCW?

Wisconsin passes CCW?

Just got off the phone with a very good friend of mine and it sounds like Wisconsin will join the rest of the civilized world, as the first step in passing a CCW law has been passed. I will be looking for articles. Congrats to the Cheddar Heads your rights have been infringed too long and you now can look forward to not having to deal with the idiots in the Milwaukee or Madison Police Departments regarding your second amendment rights.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Five years...$50, better than most...congrats to WI!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Step in the right direction

VIP Member
    Good luck and keep the pressure on the legislators and Governor to sign the bill.

Milwaukee Democrat Tamara Grigsby accused Republicans of advancing a “shoot to kill” mentality in Wisconsin. She says the bill is another step towards turning Wisconsin into a “vigilante state” and urged lawmakers to think about the impact it will have on communities.
    This woman is an idiot. Or maybe she just doesn't think the people in WI are as responsible as those in other states. Or probably the most accurate would be "she just doesn't think period!" .
    surefire7 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I have to agree with you completely. Maybe she realizes that once the people of Wisconsin finally realize that they have been repressed for X number of years that they will actually come to the realization that there are other freedoms that they haven't been able to realize and will want to enjoy those as well.

This is a great step in the right direction. From everything I have heard the Govenor of Wisconsin will step up to the plate and sign the legislation.

Good news for WI.!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Good luck, and break a leg.

Hope it all goes well for all of those in Wisconsin ......

There will always be the "there will blood in the streets" ... "it'll be like the Old West" .... idiots.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post

There will always be the "there will blood in the streets" ... "it'll be like the Old West" .... idiots.
    This is a common issue. You don't know how many times I walk out of a building into a shootout, or people firing blindly into the air. Its really getting to be a nuisance.

I hope they include preemption, or there will be no carry in Madison. Hollow points and short barrels are Verboten there.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

I just looked at the Madison ordinance - wow, they are some serious antis there, aren't they?

Hollow points - not specifically mentioned, but they do have a prohibition on "Barbed bullets." I've never seen that kind in my LGS.

Barbed Bullet means any bullet that is designed to expand upon impact resulting in the
    bullet having evenly-spaced, pointed sharp hook or barb-shaped or other similar projections that
    extend beyond the original diameter of the unfired bullet.
    And all manner of "assault weapons" are banned.

Remind me to detour around that town.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Good luck to Wisconsin. Hope IL follows suit soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    ... "it'll be like the Old West" ....
    I really hate that line cause it shows how ignorant anti-gunners are. The "Old-West" wasn't even like the "Old-West" they are referring to. It's a fantasy created by Wild Bill to make money and continued by John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, James Arness, etc. for the same reason. Not knocking them. I love westerns.
    BRachum likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    I hope they include preemption, or there will be no carry in Madison.
    The new law gives "no gun" signs force of law. They'll just put up "no gun" signs everywhere they can and accomplish the same thing. Technically, a sign ordinance isn't about guns, so even in the presence of preemption they could pass a law requiring businesses to put up "no gun" signs, or condition issuance & renewal of business licenses on the posting of signs. Wisconsin courts, no bastion of conservatism they, would probably let them do it.

Will there be nonresident permits? It also remains to be seen what states actually get on the reciprocity list.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    here is a link to the current bill being debated today 06/14/2011

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/201...proposals/sb93
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

The no gun sticker nonsense really makes the bill almost pointless.

As a Wisconsinite I'm not happy with that section of the bill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links