The gun POV angle

This is a discussion on The gun POV angle within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun owner and CCW perhaps. - ''I own guns to help put food on the table, and they enable me to protect myself and my ...

Thread: The gun POV angle

Assistant Administrator

The gun POV angle

Gun owner and CCW perhaps. -

''I own guns to help put food on the table, and they enable me to protect myself and my family from criminal aggression, something I regard as my innate right. I also enjoy using them for sporting and recreational purposes. My guns have no will of their own.

Anti -

"Guns are designed to kill". "They should be banned". "No one needs a gun". Guns are designed to kill". "They should be banned". "No one needs a gun". Guns are designed to kill". "They should be banned". "No one needs a gun". Guns are designed to kill". "They should be banned". "No one needs a gun". Guns are designed to kill". (bleat, bleat)

Two sides of the eternal battle!! All anti's should be forced to spend at least one night on the streets in city areas of dubious safety - ''da hood''. Then decide if being unarmed is good for the health!

They just might decide a gun would be useful - but only for them!! The remainder of the populace must still be banned from ownership!

And so it goes on - ad infinitum.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

2. Remove Ads

Im all for dropping them in the neighbor hood here call little Saigon the cops wont go in there in the dark.. no service people wont go in with less than 3 guys .. if they survived the night they would sing a different tune

There are neighborhoods in most large cities that are capable of changing the mind of the most adamant pacificist. Being prepared and capable of defending yourself and family has been the responsibility of men since we lived in caves and carried spears. Now we can share that responsibility with an enlightened and trained lady.

How does that cliche go? 'A Democrat is just a Republican who hasn't been mugged yet' or something..

While I don't subscribe to the idea that gun ownership is strictly a D vs. R issue, the tone of it is pretty much accurate. It's an 'elitist' attitude.

JD
    Administrator

gratitude

there was a story once about a CCW holding gentleman who happened to be walking through a parking garage when he noticed a female collegue (whom he knew to be a gun hater) being acosted by two assailents, upon seeing her get bent over her own trunk facing her "Guns Kill" window sticker, the man draws his weapon and holds the 2 criminals (both repeat offenders) untill the police arrived to cart them off to jail (again). After all is said and done the woman who's virtue and life he probally saved gives him a scornfull look, gets in her car and just drives off without saying a word, and has never mentioned it since.

The only thing that I can think of is that she was more upset that an armed coworker came to her aid, than about almost getting raped.

How can people hate the very things that saved thier lives, how can they be so blind to see that even though you may not like guns THEY ARE NESSECARY from time to time?

How can she ever again say that guns are bad, when one saved her from being raped?

while that statement may be true some people are programmed into their beliefs without ever seeing the NEED of these TOOLS. They have always been taught that they are evil, bad, or whatever. They think that if all the guns went away all crime would go away. we could point out that it hasnt worked for britain but they still wouldnt get it. To be honest there is probably more crime in britain than here in the US.

They just might decide a gun would be useful - but only for them!!
    You give them too much credit, I'm afraid. Fence-sitters who have been exposed to anti-propaganda might conclude as you predicted. Real hoplophobes will only be reinforced in their convictions that we need more victim disarmament. Because if guns are banned, the shady, bad neighborhoods will suddenly turn into safe, white picket-fence neighborhoods.
    Yeah. Right. Head, meet wall.
    "So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause."
    - Senator Padmé Amidala, "Revenge of the Sith"

Links