An interesting tidbit in the Wisconsin CCW law

This is a discussion on An interesting tidbit in the Wisconsin CCW law within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Employers will face legal decisions with conceal and carry - BizTimes This article points out that apparently (I have not read the bill itself), employers ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Civil_Response
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: An interesting tidbit in the Wisconsin CCW law

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar

Employers will face legal decisions with conceal and carry - BizTimes

This article points out that apparently (I have not read the bill itself), employers will be able to decide whether or not to allow permit holders to have guns in their place of business.

Same-old, same-old, makes sense.

BUT.

Employers who DO allow permit holders to have guns in their place of business will be given immunity from lawsuits arising from that decision.

Interesting... I'd like to see that clause in a lot more places.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

VIP Member
    Interesting sort of a castle doctrine extending to an employers place of business, that would be a big plus if other states adopted such a measure.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Never thought I'd say it, but we could learn something from Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Never thought I'd say it, but we could learn something from Wisconsin.
    Truth, that.

Wow, wish the other 48 would follow suit!

Then, Illinois and Hawaii need to come into the future with the rest of us. California needs to lighten up a bit as well.
    Eagleks likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I think what we tend to see is that states that have only recently gotten concealed carry tend to have the best laws about it.

Look at Southern states and the patchwork of exceptions, no-carry places, etc. in those laws. Then look at states that have had 15-30 years for their gun-rights people to look at goofy laws in other states and write up really good carry laws when they finally do get passed.

I think we'll see the same thing with Wisconsin and businesses that we did in Minnesota with businesses and churches. Right after we passed our carry law, all kinds of businesses put up gun ban signs. A couple years later, everyone has realized that there was never any actual danger, and 90% of those signs got taken down.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

I'm hoping the castle doctrine bill introduced to one of the subcommittees goes through and becomes law. It's one of many proposed legislative ideas at this time. It has the same language in the CC bill now for businesses, but would apply to homeowners. It would be a very progressive castle doctrine law.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Truth, that.

Wow, wish the other 48 would follow suit!

Then, Illinois and Hawaii need to come into the future with the rest of us. California needs to lighten up a bit as well.
    Indiana is already there!
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

An addition of a 'Castle Doctrine' would also be important, but WI is still taking a big step forward...Congrats to WI!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Since Wisconsin reciprocates with Tx I would be willing to travel up there just to buy some good cheese,never been there,lived in Iowa for a few years during high school,but except for WA,OR,CA,NV,OH,SC and a buncha the northeastern states I have no desire to visit,I'm pretty good to go anywhere I normally travel
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I'm really hoping that we get a clause that states it is okay to carry to and from work even if your employer doesn't want you carrying at work. I believe Indiana just passed something like that in the last few years.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Sponsored Links