Restaurant Security Glad That Customer Needed A Handgun To Buy A Cheeseburger

This is a discussion on Restaurant Security Glad That Customer Needed A Handgun To Buy A Cheeseburger within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; South Bay Open Carry member and former US Marine, Christopher Hacopian, shows Assemblyman Anthony Portantino why a common, law-abiding Californian might need a handgun to ...

Thread: Restaurant Security Glad That Customer Needed A Handgun To Buy A Cheeseburger

Restaurant Security Glad That Customer Needed A Handgun To Buy A Cheeseburger

South Bay Open Carry member and former US Marine, Christopher Hacopian, shows Assemblyman Anthony Portantino why a common, law-abiding Californian might need a handgun to buy a cheeseburger. The Assemblymember's empty, anti-gun rhetoric holds no water when challenged with reality.

Restaurant Security Glad That Customer Needed A Handgun To Buy A Cheeseburger - Oakland Gun Rights | Examiner.com
    "History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - General Dwight D. Eisenhower

Oakland Gun Rights Examiner at Examiner.com

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-1...yih-chau-chang

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Contrary to what the gun control lobby would have the general public believe, defensive gun use is actually a very common occurrence that serves as an effective deterrent to violent crime an average of 4,109 times every single day (1.5 million times a year), according to the federal government's US Department of Justice (National Institute of Justice). Just as in Hacopian's case, over 90% of all defensive gun uses in the country are resolved peacefully and occur without the firearm ever being discharged.
    Those are some telling statistics right there. I'd like to access the DOJ info and see it for myself.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Those are some telling statistics right there. I'd like to access the DOJ info and see it for myself.
    If my math is right that is about 80 times on average in every state per day that a defensive gun is used; with about 8 times in every state per day that the defensive gun is discharged.

I wonder how many shots or total misses, but made the threat leave?
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Here's a direct link to the article from DOJ, Timmy.

http://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/165476.pdf

Unfortunately, that information is quite old. 1997... If you try to use such articles to respond to antis, they will tell you that a lot can change in 14 years. If you try to use John Lott's information, they will tell you how he has been debunked.

For every single thing we (gun owners) have, they do have a response.

It's kinda like trying to convert a good Christian to atheism, or a good atheist into a Christian. Now, there are many that fall into the ranks of "not having firm beliefs, but believing what they hear" from the anti gun crowd. They can be swayed to our truth. But be patient and careful if you choose to try to convert one... Do it in a way that they think it's their idea.

Many just leave 'em alone... It's hard to argue with idiots... they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience... and I might add... at least in their own minds.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links