Texas "parking lot" bill signed into law - Page 2

Texas "parking lot" bill signed into law

This is a discussion on Texas "parking lot" bill signed into law within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; FL has had that law for a few years now and has beefed it up by saying employers can't search the vehicles. There are a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Texas "parking lot" bill signed into law

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    FL has had that law for a few years now and has beefed it up by saying employers can't search the vehicles. There are a few exceptions (Defense plants, etc.) but now WW and the likes can't dictate that you aren't allowed to store a gun in your vehicle.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I didn't see this posted on here yet.

Texas Legislature Online - 82(R) History for SB 321

Starting on September 1st, Texas gun owners will be able to bring their guns to work and leave them in their cars without fear of retribution from their employer. I know that will make a lot of people happy where I work since we have several CHL holders around here that are required by company policy to leave their guns at home.
    Oh wow, I didn't know you didn't have that in Texas. Congrats, and welcome to the club. Oklahoma exempts any property specifically set aside for parking vehicles, even for government buildings.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bill View Post
    My last employer (not in Texas) made it absolutely clear that your car was subject to search on their premises. This never happened as far as I know. But nevertheless. Lots of petrochem facilities have this policy.
    I have worked for employers that search your car going in (for weapons), and going out (for property).

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I own my own business and you are welcome to carry in your car or person when on my property. Just remain lawful. I do not condone breaking laws no matter how absolutely pathetic or stupid they are. However lately I have been questioning whether it is actually unlawful to follow a law that is unconstitutional since it is supposed to be the absolute supreme law of the land.

Chew on that for a min. Ahh heck im gonna make an off topic post on that one.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links