Texas "parking lot" bill signed into law

This is a discussion on Texas "parking lot" bill signed into law within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I didn't see this posted on here yet. Texas Legislature Online - 82(R) History for SB 321 Starting on September 1st, Texas gun owners will ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Texas "parking lot" bill signed into law

Texas "parking lot" bill signed into law

I didn't see this posted on here yet.

Texas Legislature Online - 82(R) History for SB 321

Starting on September 1st, Texas gun owners will be able to bring their guns to work and leave them in their cars without fear of retribution from their employer. I know that will make a lot of people happy where I work since we have several CHL holders around here that are required by company policy to leave their guns at home.

2. Remove Ads

GM
    I agree, those are good news
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Great bill but absolutely stupid companies to work for.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Thank God our Governor understands what SD is all about and knows that we can't pick or choose the day and time we may need to defend ourselves
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

If their gun is left in their car, who would know anyway?

Friggin AWESOME!! My current company has it stated in the policy book that we can't even carry in our cars. HA! Take that!

Of course, Texas is an "At Will" state. I have already discussed this policy with my Wife and her comment was "I don't care, I want you safe. If you loose your job because of this, at least I still have you; and you can get another job." I love my Wife!
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

That is absolutely fabulous! I remember that came up in a prior legislative session and didn't ever make it to the gov.

We have brought this to the floor three years running in TN and can't even get it to the vote stage! Good on you Texas, congrats!!!
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

My last employer (not in Texas) made it absolutely clear that your car was subject to search on their premises. This never happened as far as I know. But nevertheless. Lots of petrochem facilities have this policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Whitestone Castle Armory, Austin TX
    http://www.wcarmory.com/
    Stuff For Sale http://forsale.wcptexas.com

Ask that question of the folks who were fired after their anti-gun boss at the Weyerhauser plant in southeastern OK went on a witch hunt, had cars searched and fired everyone who had a gun in their car. OK was the first state to have a law like the new one in TX.

The OK law has passed the federal court test. Good on the politicians who voted for the TX law.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bill View Post
    My last employer (not in Texas) made it absolutely clear that your car was subject to search on their premises. This never happened as far as I know. But nevertheless. Lots of petrochem facilities have this policy.
    The new law has some stipulations for schools and petrochem plants. It isn't 100%, but most employers won't be able to ban guns in cars by CHL holders.

Go Texas...congrats!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Read and check out the law well... we have a law here that anyone can lock their gun in their trunk and businesses cannot control that. However, it is an employer's parking lot, and they have a policy against it..... although you are NOT doing anything illegal, they can still fire you for violating a Company policy.

Be careful, don't read into it what's not there.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Congrats Texas!
    Now if we can get the Supreme court in Ky to do that, then University of Ky and other Universities that will NOT allow guns on their property will have to eat crow and let their employee's keep it in their cars.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Common sense prevails.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links