Talk about BAD reporting

Talk about BAD reporting

This is a discussion on Talk about BAD reporting within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is the headline from FOXNews: Florida Police: Illinois Tourist Killed for Asking Directions Here is what "actually" happened: MIAMI Authorities were searching Monday ...

Exclamation Talk about BAD reporting

Here is the headline from FOXNews: Florida Police: Illinois Tourist Killed for Asking Directions

Here is what "actually" happened: MIAMI Authorities were searching Monday for a man who witnesses said shot and killed an Illinois tourist who was asking for directions.

After dropping his son off at a shopping mall, Ronald Gentile, 54, pulled over in the Coconut Grove area Saturday afternoon, police said. Witnesses reported seeing Gentile roll down the window on his rented white Chevrolet Cobalt. A man dressed in black then apparently approached the vehicle, robbed and shot Gentile.

My comments: he wasn't shot for asking directions!! ....He was robbed, shot and killed because he looked/acted like a victim! He was irresponsible and lost total Situational Awareness.

But reading from this headline, it leads you to a different conclusion.

Idiot reporter.

At the very least, it should have read: Florida Police: Illinois Tourist Killed While Asking for Directions

VIP Member

Link...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,206351,00.html

The headline's wording is indeed misleading and unfortunate, but I must wonder if it was intentional or not...think of some of the ridiculous things we hear of on Leno's "Headlines" feature on Monday nights.

I do agree with everyone's anger...as if we don't have enough misinformation with which to contend!

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,206351,00.html

The headline's wording is indeed misleading and unfortunate, but I must wonder if it was intentional or not...think of some of the ridiculous things we hear of on Leno's "Headlines" feature on Monday nights.

I do agree with everyone's anger...as if we don't have enough misinformation with which to contend!
    Falcon said it right. The report does not give enough information to accuraately describe what happened and this lets ones imagination turn to unchecked association with the worst possible senarios, justified or not. The media is proficient in this type of reporting.

Links