UN Small Arms Trade Treaty .... NRA answer, Rep Moran letter to White House

This is a discussion on UN Small Arms Trade Treaty .... NRA answer, Rep Moran letter to White House within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://www.ksccw.com/showthread.php?t=28546 Urge Your U.S. Senator To Sign Sen. Moran's Letter To The President Opposing The UN Arms Trade Treaty Friday, June 24, 2011 NRA will ...

Thread: UN Small Arms Trade Treaty .... NRA answer, Rep Moran letter to White House

http://www.ksccw.com/showthread.php?t=28546

Urge Your U.S. Senator To Sign Sen. Moran's Letter To The President Opposing The UN Arms Trade Treaty Friday, June 24, 2011 NRA will be in full attendance at the UN’s Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) “Preparatory Committee” meeting in New York, July 11-15.

The so-called “Prep. Com.” will be laying the ground work for a final negotiation session in 2012. NRA’s message will be simple and strong – an ATT which in any way, shape or form affects the constitutional rights of American gun owners is simply unacceptable. Civilian firearms must not be within the scope of an ATT. There will be no compromise on this crucial point.

U.S. Senator Jerry Moran (R-Kansas) agrees with NRA’s position and has drafted a letter to President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton expressing “grave concern about the dangers posed by the United Nations’ Arms Trade Treaty.”
    Members are strongly encouraged to contact their U.S. Senators and urge them to stand by Sen. Moran, the Constitution and America’s gun owners by supporting and signing this critically important letter. You can find contact information for your U.S. Senators here (http://capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/) , or you may contact them by phone at (202) 224-3121).

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=6953
    for complete article
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Thanks for the post! I didn't think this would get this far, but given recent use of our Constitution as TP, I'm not surprised.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I reposted on some of th FLA gun forums, all of you should be helping to sound the alarms, remember that obuma said he had a "backdoor" plan to restrict gun ownership, this is the start, Jan 2013 can't come soon enough

We cannot afford complacency.... look at the ATF example of how far they will go. Smuggling guns, so they could find the guns, so they could use that to ban the guns.

Even non-gun related issues, he's been backdooring Congress and showing them he didn't need them to authorize it, nor pass a bill, as he would do it within using directives within Agencies of the Govt. They make it up as they go.
    * Obama nominating Andrew Traver over the ATF.... a guy who believes no citizen should be allowed to own a gun and that nearly all of them should be banned all together.
    * Don't think they will then come up with new "directives" ? ?
    * The ATF hitting up FFL"s for records and demanding them in Washington, that are an invasion of privacy and they have no legitimate reason for them.

We need to be proactive, not reactive.

Per the Constitution, a treaty can be ratified that is in conflict with other parts of the Constitution, and become law, e.g. the 2nd Amendment. The 2nd Amendment does not guarantee your ownership of handguns for example ..... which is one of the big things this is attacking and would eliminate.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

This was my reply after asking my senator to sign Senator Moran's letter:

Thank you for getting in touch with me about a possible ban of firearms by the United Nations.

In 1999, the United Nations made a commitment to address the illegal trade in small arms and light weapons. The main purpose of the UN program is to promote the restriction of illegal small arms and light weapons and to coordinate international vigilance against their spread. The program is not intended to negotiate a global gun ban or to deny law-abiding U.S. citizens their right to bear arms.
    I support the Second Amendment right to bear arms. Should legislation reflecting this initiative come before the Senate, I will certainly keep your views in mind.
    Thank you again for getting in touch with me.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
    United States Senator

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbear View Post
    This was my reply after asking my senator to sign Senator Moran's letter:

Thank you for getting in touch with me about a possible ban of firearms by the United Nations.

In 1999, the United Nations made a commitment to address the illegal trade in small arms and light weapons. The main purpose of the UN program is to promote the restriction of illegal small arms and light weapons and to coordinate international vigilance against their spread. The program is not intended to negotiate a global gun ban or to deny law-abiding U.S. citizens their right to bear arms.
    I support the Second Amendment right to bear arms. Should legislation reflecting this initiative come before the Senate, I will certainly keep your views in mind.
    Thank you again for getting in touch with me.

Sincerely,

Sherrod Brown
    United States Senator

Senator Sherrod Brown is very lucky that Pinócchio is only a fable.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Pat Sen. Moran on the back - KSCCW.com Forum

Urge Your U.S. Senator To Sign Sen. Moran's Letter To The President Opposing The UN Arms Trade Treaty Friday, June 24, 2011 NRA will be in full attendance at the UN’s Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) “Preparatory Committee” meeting in New York, July 11-15.

The so-called “Prep. Com.” will be laying the ground work for a final negotiation session in 2012. NRA’s message will be simple and strong – an ATT which in any way, shape or form affects the constitutional rights of American gun owners is simply unacceptable. Civilian firearms must not be within the scope of an ATT. There will be no compromise on this crucial point.

U.S. Senator Jerry Moran (R-Kansas) agrees with NRA’s position and has drafted a letter to President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton expressing “grave concern about the dangers posed by the United Nations’ Arms Trade Treaty.”
    Members are strongly encouraged to contact their U.S. Senators and urge them to stand by Sen. Moran, the Constitution and America’s gun owners by supporting and signing this critically important letter. You can find contact information for your U.S. Senators here (http://capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/) , or you may contact them by phone at (202) 224-3121).

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=6953
    for complete article

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    We cannot afford complacency.... look at the ATF example of how far they will go. Smuggling guns, so they could find the guns, so they could use that to ban the guns.

Even non-gun related issues, he's been backdooring Congress and showing them he didn't need them to authorize it, nor pass a bill, as he would do it within using directives within Agencies of the Govt. They make it up as they go.
    * Obama nominating Andrew Traver over the ATF.... a guy who believes no citizen should be allowed to own a gun and that nearly all of them should be banned all together.
    * Don't think they will then come up with new "directives" ? ?
    * The ATF hitting up FFL"s for records and demanding them in Washington, that are an invasion of privacy and they have no legitimate reason for them.

We need to be proactive, not reactive.

Per the Constitution, a treaty can be ratified that is in conflict with other parts of the Constitution, and become law, e.g. the 2nd Amendment. The 2nd Amendment does not guarantee your ownership of handguns for example ..... which is one of the big things this is attacking and would eliminate.
    And yet again no one in the government went to jail over this. How sad it is for my country.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

This part of the New World Order's plan to disarm us. Our government is controlled by the globalist bankers not us citizens. George Soros, and his America hating crowd run this country not us.

I live in NJ, enough said. I sent a letter to one of my senators about this, got a response yesterday. "Thank you for writing about the McDonnel case....."

Sponsored Links