Defensive Carry banner

South Dakota wants everyone to have a gun

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Tzadik 
#1 ·
Newser) – South Dakota lawmakers have introduced a bill that would force all of the state’s citizens to buy a gun “to provide for the self defense of themselves and others.” (Wait, is it still self-defense if you’re defending others? Isn’t that just defense?) The law would apply to all adults age 21 or older, except for those legally prohibited from buying them, the Sioux Falls Argus Leader reports. It leaves it to each individual to pick a gun “suitable to their temperament.”

Of course, the five lawmakers who introduced the bill don’t actually expect it to pass. The point, according to one Sioux Falls Republican, is to prove that the federal mandate to buy health care insurance is unconstitutional. “Do I or the other cosponsors believe that the State of South Dakota can require citizens to buy firearms? Of course not,” he says. “But at the same time, we do not believe the federal government can order every citizen to buy health insurance.”

I dont know if this has been talked about at all on here but i saw it a few months ago on the news, or if i am in the right place so please move or delete if it has been talked about let me know what you guys think of this

#2 ·
I think there's a city in Colorado that has an ordinance on the books "requiring" all citizens to have at least one gun in the home. It's supposedly not enforced, just there to make a point that the citizens can and should defend themselves. That's not the point of this law though. I can definitely see the point they're making, and hope that it gets across to a few people.

#6 ·
Honey, they are passing a law that says that I have to purchase either a Dan Wesson or a Les Baer, in fact, it would be much better if I had them both! :danceban:

#7 ·
Hmmmmmm I like it. BUT!!! sounds a lot like a law that requires every person by buy health insurance. You think?? Back to my basic hate of Laws. Not that we don't need them. But (again), if them make me King I'd tell them to make all the laws they felt they need to but for every new law they (whoever they was) would also have to include removing two existing laws. we need good laws not a law to cover every motion we make in life.

#10 ·
pretty sharp.. You must have had an extra cup of coffee today to come up with that one....And I agree just wish I had thought of that.

#11 ·
I can agree with the point they are trying to make about the heath insurance mandate
and I can agree with the principle of the safer armed public, but...

Some idiots really shouldn't own a firearm.

#12 ·
I can agree with the point they are trying to make about the heath insurance mandate
and I can agree with the principle of the safer armed public, but...

NO idiots really shouldn't own a firearm.
Here, fixed it for you. ;-)

#13 ·
"NO idiots really shouldn't own a firearm."

ummm... double negative... so you are saying that "idiots should own a firearm"? I know, I know, grammar nazi...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.