Here it comes, INCOMING!

Here it comes, INCOMING!

This is a discussion on Here it comes, INCOMING! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As Radar O'reilly would say: "Wait for it..." Originally Posted by AP as reported in Washington Post WASHINGTON — Six months after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Here it comes, INCOMING!

Here it comes, INCOMING!

As Radar O'reilly would say: "Wait for it..."

Quote Originally Posted by AP as reported in Washington Post
    WASHINGTON — Six months after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot, the White House is preparing to propose some new steps on gun safety, though they’re likely to fall short of the bold measures activists would like to see.
    Link to the story: No more "under the radar"

Watch closely as our rights are again infringed, in small increments...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    The president directed the attorney general to form working groups with key stakeholders to identify common-sense measures that would improve American safety and security while fully respecting Second Amendment rights...
    Common sense measures??? Common to whom, I wonder?

"“To prevent the next Tucson, we need a comprehensive background check system, which is what the president called for in April,” said the director of the mayors’ group"
    What, a system that can tell the future & deny firearms to a future nut??

Will this be as effective as the counter-recession efforts?
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I have a clever idea, how about putting criminals behind bars for longer sentences with no parole or early release? Break parole rules and 'instant slammer return'.

Here's the unseen problem...
    “That said, there are many steps the president can take on his own authority, without new laws, that could make a very real difference.”
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; July 8th, 2011 at 07:20 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yeah Retsupt, that's the part that scares me. Just how much can he get away with?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Gun safety? Hmm, I thought the guns we currently have are safe when used properly.

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Yeah Retsupt, that's the part that scares me. Just how much can he get away with?

He can get away with engaging US Troops, their Lives, and US Dollars in Another War - Libya - without Congressional Approval.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

While as a gun owner I'm concerned, I'm not losing any sleep over it just yet. Clearly Jared Loughner should never have been allowed to purchase a Glock or the ammo for it. But, hindsight is always 20/20.

Setting up panels, committees, commissions, and accompanying legislation to decide who is too "nutty" to own a firearm could quickly turn into a morass that would effectively eliminate gun ownership for the majority of Americans. As they say, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

GM
    It does not surprise me at all. And if Gabrielle Giffords had not been shot they should had used some other thing in order to be able to "propose some new steps on gun safety".
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    The president directed the attorney general to form working groups with key stakeholders to identify common-sense measures that would improve American safety and security while fully respecting Second Amendment rights...
    I see all of us here on DC as key stakeholders. Think we'll be invited to the working groups?
    bigdog44 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    If I were a criminal (By Tangoseal) -

Thats okay washington, go ahead and make the background system as strong as the Soviet Iron Curtain if you like. "It still wont stop me "the criminal" from buying a gun from a trunk in my local city alley! I will simply laugh when all the people who are not criminals such as I go through tumultuous steps to purchase a firearm, probably getting denied at every possible oppurtunity, while I can get my firearms all day long and not even have to fill out a form. Plus there are so many available weapons for cheap thanks to your criminal friendly ATF agency who freely supplied my street thug brothers with free guns down in Mexico who in turn just supplied me for cheap. Its okay. I understand how much you guys really love me and for that I am appreciative. Okay now I have to go and kill a few people under the cover of darkness who were denied the right to protect them selves.

God I love America, the land that gave freedom to criminals like me!"
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    The only common sense gun legislation to me is to null and void the 1934 gun control act. My full size Uzi needs his mini brother at a reasonable price.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    If I were a criminal (By Tangoseal) -

Thats okay washington, go ahead and make the background system as strong as the Soviet Iron Curtain if you like. "It still wont stop me "the criminal" from buying a gun from a trunk in my local city alley! I will simply laugh when all the people who are not criminals such as I go through tumultuous steps to purchase a firearm, probably getting denied at every possible oppurtunity, while I can get my firearms all day long and not even have to fill out a form. Plus there are so many available weapons for cheap thanks to your criminal friendly ATF agency who freely supplied my street thug brothers with free guns down in Mexico who in turn just supplied me for cheap. Its okay. I understand how much you guys really love me and for that I am appreciative. Okay now I have to go and kill a few people under the cover of darkness who were denied the right to protect them selves.

God I love America, the land that gave freedom to criminals like me!"
    +1. The truth shall set you free!

Criminals dont care what laws they pass.
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

Due to 19,146 fatal one-car accidents in the US in 2010, shouldn't we reduce the speed limit to 30MPH everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Due to 19,146 fatal one-car accidents in the US in 2010, shouldn't we reduce the speed limit to 30MPH everywhere?
    Leave the speed limit alone. Outlaw tires.

Obama: We're working on gun control 'under the radar'

Link : Obama: We're working on gun control 'under the radar'

Quote :
    Horowitz quotes Sarah Brady relating how President Obama gave his personal assurance that he and his administration were working hard on a gun-control agenda. Brady reported that Obama then told them about advancing the agenda "under the radar."
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links