ATF requires four Southwest border states to report on buyers of rifles - Page 2

ATF requires four Southwest border states to report on buyers of rifles

This is a discussion on ATF requires four Southwest border states to report on buyers of rifles within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've got a semi applicable thought to all of this, the FAA and the FCC before they change anything must issue a NTPRM Notice to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATF requires four Southwest border states to report on buyers of rifles

I've got a semi applicable thought to all of this, the FAA and the FCC before they change anything must issue a NTPRM Notice to Proposed Rule Making and they put up a public draft of any potential rule change, and invite public comment on the law and address legitimate concerns. Of which I could see an issue like this spurring a significant response, that can be completely unpolitical.

What the AP story hasn't pointed out is what exactly is going to be happening with this list, we all watched last year as a man in OR, was arrested by SWAT, lost all of his firearms after having planned out and spent his tax returns on new several firearms all at once, was held for a psych eval which he passed and then had to go through a legal battle to get his confiscated property returned; never once having a search or arrest warrant issued.

18,000 reports a year is a lot; ATF in their recent public struggles have pointed out short sighted plans (like limited battery life of items bought at radioshack and stuffed into an AR handle), and by the time these purchases get reported any guns headed for the boarder would already be gone, so again it leaves them no closer to catching anyone than they would be with the current reporting systems already in place.

Glock Certified Armorer

One of the LGS I go to just got their letter from the BATFE about an hour ago. Jim said it states that he is required to report all multiple rifle sales. He called the NRA and they asked him if he would participate in a class action lawsuit and he said he would so they are sending an attorney out to talk to him. He will be on the Outlaw Dave show on 950 AM on Monday to talk about it if anyone is interested. Station is local to Houston but it can be streamed on the internet and on the iHeartRadio app.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Not quite ready to put my foil hat back on yet, but does anyone else hear a toilet flushing?
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I dont know what this is supposed to accomplish. If the mexicans want guns, all they have to do is wait for the fed to sell them to them by the crate.
    The 1911 is an antiquated weapons system but then again, so am I.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

I know I am not the only one here, but why do people insist that the multi-billion dollar (not Peso) drug cartels are arming themselves with overpriced & low quality semi auto weapons from the US? As has been stated, they have access to bigger, better, and cheaper from farther south and overseas imports.

If anything it is the independent contractors in charge of shipping and distribution and even more likely the civilians that are using the US smuggled weapons for defense (albeit understandable, but I don't like it, fix your own damn country and stop causing your gullible neighbors to the north problems).

In retrospect, this is a textbook example of why gun control and gun bans are a bad thing. Innocents and the law abiding are oppressed, the criminals take over the country (Govt or drug lords, choose your evil).

It's a war on drugs, in this day and age with the technology, high yield weapons, satellite surveillance, stealth technology, and the video game ordinance the military has...I fail to understand why there are not suddenly multiple non radioactive mushroom clouds appearing at all these massive compounds. The info that trickles down to the public is the Mexican Govt' crying for help, seems to me that's all we need as a go signal for a scorched earth campaign on the farms. No invasion necessary.

Sorry to rant and wander waaaaayyyyy off topic.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links