ATF requires four Southwest border states to report on buyers of rifles

This is a discussion on ATF requires four Southwest border states to report on buyers of rifles within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Full Story: News from The Associated Press Selected quotes: ATF estimates it will generate 18,000 reports a year. House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith, R-Texas ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATF requires four Southwest border states to report on buyers of rifles

ATF requires four Southwest border states to report on buyers of rifles

Full Story:
    News from The Associated Press

Selected quotes:
    ATF estimates it will generate 18,000 reports a year.
    House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith, R-Texas
    "Limiting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens is not going to solve the problem,"
    ATF estimates the requirement will cover nearly 8,500 gun store operators in the four states, though less than 30 percent of those operators are expected to have multiple sales to report.

Glock Certified Armorer

2. Remove Ads

the link didn't work for me.

And; this appears to be old news.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

no, it's recent.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

This is so typical of our lib elected officials and their appointed henchmen, create a problem and then force the non working solution on the people.

It’s not old news I just heard it on news tonight

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I await for the coming. I await to escape this madness of what we refer to as humanity.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

GM
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    the link didn't work for me.

And; this appears to be old news.
    It used to cover multiple "assault" rifle purchases and handgun purchases and now has expanded to hi powered rifles

They consider anything about a .22 with a removable magazine to be hi powered.

So let me get this right,not too long ago they encouraged gun shops to go thru with sales of multiple guns that looked suspicious,and got caught with their pants down,and now if you buy one AR15,or one mini 14/30,or one sks,or one ak 47/74,besides the 4473 your gonna basically be red flagged to the ATF.Good thing I bought a buncha stripped lowers a few years ago to build as I got the urge
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Ok, so they report ?? then what ? they already have a record of the sales with the 4470 form and the background check done as well.....

Maybe they want it reported so they can dial up the IP addys of the Gun Shop Cameras so they can watch from their desks in DC.......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    So let me get this right,not too long ago they encouraged gun shops to go thru with sales of multiple guns that looked suspicious,and got caught with their pants down,and now if you buy one AR15,or one mini 14/30,or one sks,or one ak 47/74,besides the 4473 your gonna basically be red flagged to the ATF.Good thing I bought a buncha stripped lowers a few years ago to build as I got the urge
    ATFE is trying desperately to focus attention away from operation "Fast and Furious" were a border patrol agent was murdered by drug thugs using a firearm that ATFE knowingly let fall to the bad guys. By the way, if you're interested, the NRA has a petition calling for the immediately ouster of AG Eric Holder due to his incompetence in handling this event and dogging investigators. https://www.nra.org/fireholder/
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

double post please delete.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    ATFE is trying desperately to focus attention away from operation "Fast and Furious" were a border patrol agent was murdered by drug thugs using a firearm that ATFE knowingly let fall to the bad guys. By the way, if you're interested, the NRA has a petition calling for the immediately ouster of AG Eric Holder due to his incompetence in handling this event and dogging investigators. https://www.nra.org/fireholder/
    Umm they didnt let the firearm fall into the hands... they sold them by the freaking cargo container. This makes me sick. Buts its okay because if I tried to do anything about it I would be arrested and charged with terroism. If you tried it would be the same, heck if these entire forum tried it would be the same. The only thing that can take our country back to the people is an all out Constitutional Convention with specific 1 item topics. If that fails then you know what would be next.

The president should be thrown in Prison along with the head of the ATF and Eric Holder. All 3 should get a life sentence for High Treason. Yeah I approve this message.

Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    I await for the coming. I await to escape this madness of what we refer to as humanity.
    You don't have to wait much longer....Oct. 11th 2011 (doomsday) is coming up fast.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

This story should be the biggest thing on the gun forums!

But what do we get... Old News, Duplicate thread-- delete.....

I swear some of you people should just turn in your guns now!

First we have Obama !ON TAPE! telling the Brady campaign they are working on gun control legislation "Under the Radar"!

Then we have "Gun Walker" & "Fast and Furious", which could turn out to be the biggest political scandal of our history.

Then, as if thats not enough, we have Obama doing an en-do around the constitution. Again. With an unconstitutional presidential

order requiring reporting of certain gun sales in 4 states because of a crisis THEY ORCESTRATED!

The man is a power mad, habitual liar who wont stop until he has destroyed this country!

I just hope we can survive till 2012!
    Freedom.... The Price Keeps Going Up, and the Quality Keeps Going Down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links