MT gunmaker aims to use 10A to kill interstate commerce laws and free the 2A

This is a discussion on MT gunmaker aims to use 10A to kill interstate commerce laws and free the 2A within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A Gun Activist Takes Aim at U.S. Regulatory Power - WSJ.com MISSOULA, Mont.óWith a homemade .22-caliber rifle he calls the Montana Buckaroo, Gary Marbut dreams ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LongRider

Thread: MT gunmaker aims to use 10A to kill interstate commerce laws and free the 2A

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

MT gunmaker aims to use 10A to kill interstate commerce laws and free the 2A

A Gun Activist Takes Aim at U.S. Regulatory Power - WSJ.com

MISSOULA, Mont.óWith a homemade .22-caliber rifle he calls the Montana Buckaroo, Gary Marbut dreams of taking down the federal regulatory state.

He's not planning to fire his gun. Instead, he wants to sell it, free from federal laws requiring him to record transactions, pay license fees and open his business to government inspectors.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

He will be fighting the ATF IRS and current DOJ. Best of luck to him.

That's an uphill battle, for sure.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    Very interesting. The Wikard case brings up some important questions.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Interesting. It will be very, very difficult. but I wish him the best. I'd like to see him prevail.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

This administration and its appointed civil servants will not let this pass

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Montana has a lot going for it. Vast pristinee wilderness great political climate to bad it is so freaking cold. I really like that Montana passed that resolution to cede from the United States if the feds try to impose another assault weapon ban. If they do cede I am open to becoming a Montana citizen cold or not
    atctimmy likes this.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I believe the premise is that the Feds have no right interfering with intrastate commerse. The firearms will be made in and only sold in MT.

And no one really cares what stupid device this post is sent from!
    Last edited by OldVet; October 14th, 2011 at 03:09 PM.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Montana - Gotta Love it!! Best of luck to you!
    I may become a Montana citizen to get a Little Buckaroo.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

VIP Member
    The Feds have (over)used the ICC forever. I assume that they will claim that certain parts, even certain raw materials that were used to MAKE the parts, came from states outside of Montana. In other words, at some point going from being ore in the ground into being a completed firearm, something came from outside of Montana and is thus subject to the ICC. Seriously, more malicious legislation has been passed based on that seemingly innocuous clause than any other part of the Constitution that I can think of...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

It's worth a shot!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Links