Saw this on MSNBC today

This is a discussion on Saw this on MSNBC today within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The New York Congresswoman continuing to push her legislation to ban high capacity magazines. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43933511...more_politics/...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw this on MSNBC today

Saw this on MSNBC today

The New York Congresswoman continuing to push her legislation to ban high capacity magazines.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43933511...more_politics/

2. Remove Ads

Any port in the storm...These types are crazy at best.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I'm not trying to sound rude, really, but what did you expect to find on "MSNBC"??? Pro-gun rhetoric???
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    I'm not trying to sound rude, really, but what did you expect to find on "MSNBC"??? Pro-gun rhetoric???
    No, actually I could have found it a lot of other places. It's the message more than the messenger. Given her history, McCarthy doesn't surprise me. The fact that HR-308 has 109 House cosponsors surprised me a bit. That's not enough for passage but it's more than I expected.

McCarthy is a marooooooon...
    Here is another example or her intellect...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I know what you mean. Honestly though, the House doesn't concern me, it's Pro-gun.(right now, anyway) The Senate, the White House, and whats going on at the U.N. is what is concerning to me at present, with regard to gun rights. There's more than enough "anti's" to go around.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    McCarthy is a marooooooon...
    Here is another example or her intellect...‪Carolyn McCarthy‬‏ - YouTube
    That's priceless, she doesn't know what it is...but she's against it.
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    I know what you mean. Honestly though, the House doesn't concern me, it's Pro-gun.(right now, anyway) The Senate, the White House, and whats going on at the U.N. is what is concerning to me at present, with regard to gun rights. There's more than enough "anti's" to go around.
    That's why the House concerns me. Even though it's "Pro-gun", if she managed to muster enough votes there, we know which way the Senate and the Presidency would go.

It is silly, that the anti gun crowd would even try to suggest this tragedy could not had happened if the guy had only been limited to smaller capacity magazines. In a place where the police officers are not usually armed and the response time was one and a half hours, he could have easily done just as much damage with magazines holding 10 rounds or less, or even a base ball bat.

The scary truth of the matter is a mad man will always find a way and no laws what so ever will keep him in check; I'm not sure of all the gun laws there, but I believe they are a lot tighter than here and none of them kept him from killing a lot of innocent people that fateful day.
    John Luttrell

Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    It is silly, that the anti gun crowd would even try to suggest this tragedy could not had happened if the guy had only been limited to smaller capacity magazines. In a place where the police officers are not usually armed and the response time was one and a half hours, he could have easily done just as much damage with magazines holding 10 rounds or less, or even a base ball bat.

The scary truth of the matter is a mad man will always find a way and no laws what so ever will keep him in check; I'm not sure of all the gun laws there, but I believe they are a lot tighter than here and none of them kept him from killing a lot of innocent people that fateful day.
    That's true. It's just something to keep your eye on (even though the NRA does a pretty good job of watching for stuff like this). I would hate to see something like this sneak through attached to another piece of innocuous legislation. Gunowners just need to make sure their representatives in Congress have their constituent's best interests at heart.

Just another opportunist seeking to exploit a tragedy. If they can't find it in America than look for it in Europe.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Maybe she oughta let Norway work on their own security issues.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    Maybe she oughta let Norway work on their own security issues.
    Maybe we should ship her to Norway to help them out.

Wait, we're friendly with Norway. Never mind.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    Rep. Carolyn McCarthy just another of the "never allow a tragedy go to waste” crowd. She has already wasted too much time in congress and should have been voted out long ago.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

You have to lower your expectations when it relates to guns, when you are talking about DC, NY, Chicago & California.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links