Obamas executive order gun grab

This is a discussion on Obamas executive order gun grab within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'll go tomorrow and get 4 rifles at once and see what happens, I'll report back to y'all tomorrow night. oh, never mind....Mrs 64zebra vetoed ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Obamas executive order gun grab

VIP Member
    I'll go tomorrow and get 4 rifles at once and see what happens, I'll report back to y'all tomorrow night.

oh, never mind....Mrs 64zebra vetoed that idea
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

2. Remove Ads

It sounds like many of the places that sell firearms have banded together under the NRA, or another organization, and are suing the US government over the requirement. I know the NRA has one lawsuit rolling due to the e-mail they sent me letting me know about it, and someone posted another article yesterday with another group named that is rounding up other sellers for the same reason.

Some places may be following the executive order, but many are not. Simply put, the sellers who were basically forced to sell guns illegally by the government to the cartels, aren't going to be forced to do more undue paperwork now because they did something they couldn't legally do at the governments request.

Let's face it, the Fast and Furious program illegally had guns sold to cartels by the BATFE through the gun stores that are now being targeted. No one should be punished outside of the BATFE, or higher, that ordered the illegal sales. The lack of logic with this entire affair just boggles my mind.
    MikeNice likes this.

Here in NJ we're living in a situation that many of you fear.
    To purchase any firearm (btw, NJ treats bb guns as firearms), you must first get a firearms id card.
    This id card requires finger printing, references, back ground checks, and a long waiting period.
    Once you have this card, you're 'allowed' to purchase long guns.
    But if you want to buy a hand gun, you must apply for a 'purchaser permit' for each gun.
    It's another long process through your local sheriff's office that requires filling out a lengthy questionaire, an FBI background check, getting 2 references and waiting for all of this to clear your local bureaucracy.
    My particular town has a fairly pro-gun sheriff, and he gets this process done within the 30 day time limit mandated by law.
    But many towns and localities have public officials who are openly hostile to their citizens owning handguns (or any guns for that matter).
    And they drag it out for 6 months, 8 months, or even a year.
    They add things to the process too (also against the law), like informing your employer that you're trying to purchase a handgun.
    The only recourse for victims of this bureaucratic lawlessness is to call the state police and an attorney.
    Of course, the public officials don't fear any punishment. They make a few excuses (e.g. misplaced paperwork) and finally finish the process.
    And all of these 'hoops' we have to jump through are simple for ownership. Forget carrying. Not happening.
    So for those of you are pro-regulation, or who doubt the reality of 'regulatory creep' as a means of stripping citizens of their SA rights...
    you need to spend a year or two in NJ. You need to experience first-hand how law-abiding citizens can find themselves at the mercy of the government.
    Believe me, it's not a place you want to be.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    But I truly believe most of the citizens and politicians who are behind gun control legislation support it because they truly believe in their minds that it will somehow save lives and prevent crime. Obviously, they are greatly mistaken, mislead, and often ignorant of the facts. But I've learned that society as a whole is like that on many topics.
    I cannot tell you how WRONG you are....It has nothing to do with saving lives. It has to do with control and power. I firmly believe that expecially today people like Boxer, FAT ROSIE, Paul Helmke, actually know that they are wrong. Otherwise, some of them wouldn't have gotten carry permits themselves. No it is about an elitist mentallity. Since I'm a congresswomen from California named Feinstein it is okay for me to have a carry permit because I'm a women of power, but it is not okay for you to have a gun because you are a commoner. This has NOTHING do with saving lives. Allow guns to be on college campuses, and see how many mass shootings occur with body counts like Va Tech.

At my college everybody had a M14 with a bayonet assigned to him or her in his or her room that was not locked up, we also had enough M16's A2's to outfit about 500 people, and 10 M60's. Since, 1839 we haven't had one school shooting.

I firmly believe these people know that they are wrong!!!! However, they are too afraid to come out and say, you know what guns really do actually save lifes. We need to get more people carrying, and we need to get more education on guns. Look back to the 1950-60-70s. Guns were regulary taken to school, and there were no mass killings. I'm sorry I think your logic is typical of somebody who sticks his head in the sand and really has no clue what is going on around him.
    Last edited by Rob99VMI04; August 5th, 2011 at 10:11 AM.
    SFury and MikeNice like this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    "The government does not want the weapons used against the government itself. "

Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    You'd be flagged so fast your head would swim. 5 NICS checks at 5 locations in an hour or two.... You'd have NSA satellites and CIA drones coordinating with the FCC and ATF to triangulate your coordinates. Sensors from every alphabet soup agency would be smokin'. You can buy 5 guns before lunch and snatched up off the street and be in Club Gitmo by dinner.

For what reason? I would be doing nothing illegal. The requirement is for the FFL to report when they make multiple sales. There is no law prohibiting me making multiple purchases. But if I wanted to "play it safe" I could just slow it down a bit.
    Per Title 28, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 25.9(b)(1), (2), and (3), the NICS Section must destroy all identifying information on allowed transactions prior to the start of the next NICS operational day.
    So we could still get about twenty a week and stay completely off the radar.

Come on now, this is Houston! Home of the Texas Medical Center and manned space flight! We know brain surgery and rocket science here! This doesn't come close to either one!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Ex Member
    There is NO surprise here kids. Hussein said BEFORE elected " America WLL be changed." The 40% of voters that sat on their ass and didn't vote just didn't believe him. Don't do it again.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links