Gunshot Demographics: The ugly underbelly of the anti-gun-rights position - Page 2

Gunshot Demographics: The ugly underbelly of the anti-gun-rights position

This is a discussion on Gunshot Demographics: The ugly underbelly of the anti-gun-rights position within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; But, it's useful to blame guns instead of criminals, and blame guns instead of politicians and social policies, and blame guns instead of festering pesthole ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Gunshot Demographics: The ugly underbelly of the anti-gun-rights position

Senior Moderator
    But, it's useful to blame guns instead of criminals, and blame guns instead of politicians and social policies, and blame guns instead of festering pesthole neighborhoods, in the effort to disarm the public and transfer power to the government and away from the people.
    Substitute "guns" for rocks,slingshots,spears,bows,swords,handguns and rifles and you'll see a common thread that has been going on for thousands of years.
    oakchas and Stubborn like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Substitute "guns" for rocks,slingshots,spears,bows,swords,handguns and rifles and you'll see a common thread that has been going on for thousands of years.
    So, You're bigoted against weapons of any type, huh?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by thehustleman View Post
    That is a load of racist bull.

So because I'm a black man, I'm more likely to be shot?

Anyone who believes that crap is am idiot.

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    Sometimes the truth is not easy to hear but as previously stated in most cities gang members are predominately black, others predominatly latino. If your not a gang member then this statistic does not apply to you. But yes in the US the vast majority of gang members are Black. Therefor the vast majority of murders in the US are conducted by young black men (gang members and drug dealers.) The vast majority of murder vicims are young black men (rival gang members and drug dealers). Screaming racism doesn't change the statistics or fix the problem.

Interesting article for sure.

But to paraphrase my boss, who just moved here from up north. She told me up north you can pretty much figure on the criminals preying on same. Like vs like so to speak. Attacks on young black males are generally form young black males; hispanics, whites, etc. are similar. According to her. But she swears there is something in the water down here. She says the south is more equal opportunity crime. She sees less of a link to like vs like. Kind of struck me as interesting, though a bit odd.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    AMEN!!! When a person wants another person dead, and wants it bad enough, that person will get dead by whatever means are available. Guns, knives, rocks, sticks, poison or cars. Any weapon will do, and if no weapon is available, then by bare hands. If you want it bad enough, you will find a way whether you have a gun or not.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by thehustleman View Post
    That is a load of racist bull.

So because I'm a black man, I'm more likely to be shot?

Anyone who believes that crap is am idiot.

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*

I would say that a large part of it is cultural, but a bigger part of it, in my opinion, is socio-economic. But nobody is trying to say it's because of something in their DNA; black popular culture has idolized the "gansta", the gun culture, the "no-snitch" view, and for that it is suffering.
    John Luttrell

Senior Moderator
    Enough of the "racist" crap.

Most of us are smart enough to know that it is just fact.

Please keep it on track.
    wmhawth likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    This is really eye opening. A copy should be sent to every member of Congress!
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

There is nothing eye opening about this data. It's been available for last three decades as gangs have become very prevalent in large cities.

In my town we don't have much cultural diversity. What we do have is a large Hmong population that is largely poor, and they make up the gangs. While murder isn't here in any large scale fashion, it's only a matter of time. The Hmong people will feel the brunt of that rage if the community continues to grow, and more profit can be had through typical gang related activities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links