Washington Ceasefire Stirring Up a Storm!

Washington Ceasefire Stirring Up a Storm!

This is a discussion on Washington Ceasefire Stirring Up a Storm! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had to take a step back when I read this editorial, particularly where Ralph Fascitelli, board president calls the Second Amendment Foundation an extremist ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Washington Ceasefire Stirring Up a Storm!

Angry Washington Ceasefire Stirring Up a Storm!

I had to take a step back when I read this editorial, particularly where Ralph Fascitelli, board president calls the Second Amendment Foundation an extremist group!

20 shootings over weekend upset neighbors

The gloves are off now, it seems. First the Vice Prez calling Three Percenters terrorists, which I think has empowered Mr. Fascitelli to spew this garbage.

Stay safe! Stay Alert! Stay Alive!

Anti-gun billionaires + Low info voters = Passage of Washington I-594

In his landmark book, “Private Guns, Public Health,” David Hemenway of the Harvard School of Public Health reported that the states with the most effective gun regulations have one-sixth the level of gun violence of states with the least effective laws.

I think I can guess the spot that Mr. Fascitelli pulled this fact from/out of...
    RemMod597 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Glad I got outta there.....

Too bad, I love the state itself. The coffee-culture hippie-larvi need to find something else to 'save'.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Soooooo, any of these shooters legally carrying? If not, then legal private guns are not the problem.

They hold up England as the gold standard, where they put homeowners in jail for defending their homes from thugs that know they can do what they want. OK.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Do they believe "opinion" articles are really "news" up there ? We call them editorials.

Idiots exist everywhere.

Stop TSA and terrorism, arm all air passengers with a gun as they board.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

On a recent weekend alone, 20 people were shot in two separate incidents. This year, almost 600 Washingtonians will die from gun violence ó a total almost 15 times greater than annual gun deaths in all of England.
    Here is a basic bit of math for the anti-gun crowd. We have over five times the population of England. Even if the per capita "gun murder" rate was the same our total would be higher.

There are a couple of things about England I never see them address. England still has over 7,000 firearms offenses every year. Sexual assualt, domestic violence, and home invasion rates are much higher per capita in England than America. Plus, the number of people being violently beaten or stabbed is higher than in America.

In other words England proves that if you strip the guns criminals will still find ways to victimize people. I'm sure the women in England don't mind exchanging a little rape to be free from guns.
    RevolvingMag likes this.

I literally stumbled on this forum while doing research for my daily Seattle Gun Rights Examiner column, which, coincidentally, deals with Ralph Fascitelli's letter to the Seattle Times.

I'll be happy to post a link if you guys want to read it.

Shhh, let's not look at the fact that the US has far more land mass than the UK, and a population difference to go with that.

We don't want to look at the relevant numbers of a comparison after all.

I'll be happy to post a link if you guys want to read it.
    Go ahead and post the link.

OD*
    An interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine from which I quote:

"If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the
    Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total of 2112
    deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

"The firearm death rate in Washington, DC is
    80.6 per 100,000 for the same period.

That means you are about 25 percent more likely to be shot and killed in
    the U.S. capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the
    U.S., than you are in Iraq."

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington D.C.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    Shhh, let's not look at the fact that the US has far more land mass than the UK, and a population difference to go with that.

We don't want to look at the relevant numbers of a comparison after all.

Go ahead and post the link.

Here ya go!

Question to CeaseFire president: Who is the real extremist?

In a letter to the Seattle Times on Wednesday, Washington CeaseFire President Ralph Fascitelli pushed the gun prohibition agenda as a response to two recent shooting incidents in south King County, while taking the time to call the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation an “extremist group” and imply that it is a lobbying organization.

Question to CeaseFire president: Who is the real extremist? - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

To some of the loony tunes, an honest citizen shooting a criminal deviant home invader or other criminal attacker is gun violence. The shooting of these poor under privileged individuals, whose creation is our fault, who were about to turn their life around and become useful members of society, is a travesty to them.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    So, how's Illinois doing in those regards? They have less gun violence, do they??
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

This guy Ralph is giving us a heads-up concerning how socialized medicine/health care may be used in the future as the vehicle for gun-control.
    After all, the one 'paying the bills' has a great deal of say/power concerning what is 'unhealthy or high-risk behavior.'
    I live just outside of NYC...and have watched the Bloomberg Admistration crack down on everything from smoking to transfats.
    And we all know how he feels about guns.
    The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Brass63 View Post
    This guy Ralph is giving us a heads-up concerning how socialized medicine/health care may be used in the future as the vehicle for gun-control.
    After all, the one 'paying the bills' has a great deal of say/power concerning what is 'unhealthy or high-risk behavior.'
    I live just outside of NYC...and have watched the Bloomberg Admistration crack down on everything from smoking to transfats.
    And we all know how he feels about guns.
    Brass, this is nothing new. The gun ban crowd has been thumping on this "guns as a health care risk" notion for some years. It's a crock, of course, but to them it is Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    To some of the loony tunes, an honest citizen shooting a criminal deviant home invader or other criminal attacker is gun violence. The shooting of these poor under privileged individuals, whose creation is our fault, who were about to turn their life around and become useful members of society, is a travesty to them.

I'm new here but I can see your problem in a heartbeat.

You have mastered the ability to think these issues through. Yes, they are all "just beginnin' to turn their lives around."

You just haven't learned how to feel guilty about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links