San Francisco gun ban and confiscation - Page 2

San Francisco gun ban and confiscation

This is a discussion on San Francisco gun ban and confiscation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally posted by QKShooter I could see that proposed legislation going down in flames because it smacks the face of logic even for San Francisco ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: San Francisco gun ban and confiscation

Originally posted by QKShooter
    I could see that proposed legislation going down in flames because it smacks the face of logic even for San Francisco & will only increase violent gun crime.
    But, as mentioned above - The sooner they pass it then the quicker it will be repealed. Though I would hate to see it go that far.
    Concerning gays & lesbians - Many are using & training with firearms/handguns for personal protection since they are sometimes violently & unfairly targeted solely for their preferred private sexual orientation.
    We absolutely cannot afford to alienate any pro-gun segment of the U.S. population.
    I happen to prefer bombshell babes:D but I honestly developed a goodly amount of respect (on another forum) for the gay & lesbian population that carry for personal protection.
    More specifically by reading the threads & comments posted by the head of the organization \"Pink Pistols\" - Those gay folks are absolutely 100% on our side of the 2nd amendment & are extremely intelligent, committed, & contribute MUCH time and effort & big dollars toward securing our general RKBA rights in the United States.
    Never once did any of them try to force their sexual preference on any forum member or really even ever attempt to make their preferred lifestyle any sort of a forum issue.
    They stayed right on track with gun & carry issues & we owe then the same basic respect.
    By The Way: This should be considered to be just a \"general information comment\" and (For Sure) NOT directed toward forum member \"puppage\" since I honestly don\'t think that he was malicious in his comment and was obviously only referring to published death statistics AKA - A.I.D.S. VS Gun Death statistics.
    There is a member of Pink Pistols that belongs to the 1911 forum I belong to. I have no problems with people from minority groups protecting themselves. Another important person from a minority group that is pro 2nd Amendment happens to be Dr. Condoleezza Rice
    ======================================

Condoleezza is pro 2nd Amendment
    Reprinted from NewsMax.com
    Saturday, Nov. 20, 2004 9:36 p.m. EST
    Condi: Why I Support the Second Amendment

Secretary of State nominee Dr. Condoleezza Rice is a big supporter of the second amendment, a commitment cultivated during her days growing up in Bull Conner\'s Birmingham, Alabama, when the shotgun wielded by her father was often the only thing that stood between her family and the Ku Klux Klan.

In 1963, racial violence was \"turning her hometown into \'Bombingham'as Alabama’s governor George Wallace fought a federal court order to integrate the city’s schools,\" writes Rice biographer Antonia Felix. In excerpts of her book \"The Condoleezza Rice Story,\" reprinted in the London Sunday Times, Felix recounts:

\"With the bombings came marauding groups of armed white vigilantes called \'nightriders,'who drove through black neighborhoods shooting and starting fires. [Condi\'s father] John Rice and his neighbors guarded the streets at night with shotguns.

\"The memory of her father out on patrol lies behind Rice’s opposition to gun control today. Had those guns been registered, she argues, Bull Connor would have had a legal right to take them away, thereby removing one of the black community’s only means of defense.\"

\"I have a sort of pure second amendment view of the right to bear arms,\" said the future Secretary of State.

DC Founder
    Originally posted by silvercorvette
    \"The memory of her father out on patrol lies behind Rice’s opposition to gun control today. Had those guns been registered, she argues, Bull Connor would have had a legal right to take them away, thereby removing one of the black community’s only means of defense.\"

\"I have a sort of pure second amendment view of the right to bear arms,\" said the future Secretary of State.
    Good woman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links