2nd amendment and the CDC report on Gun violence.

This is a discussion on 2nd amendment and the CDC report on Gun violence. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It is the largely silent, relatively open minded, politically moderate individual that represents 75-80% of the country. Although I see where you are coming from, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2nd amendment and the CDC report on Gun violence.

It is the largely silent, relatively open minded, politically moderate individual that represents 75-80% of the country.
    Although I see where you are coming from, I must disagree. First of all, most of the people in this country are not open minded. Although some might be considered politically "moderate" most of them dont care about politics.

One only has to look as far as the present administration for proof.

Fortunately, this is not the case with many of those in the middle, which is a group that I include myself in. Until recently, I was completely uneducated and unaware of gun law, concealed carry, and the associated politics.
    Notice the emphasis.

Fortunately, this is not the case with many of those in the middle, which is a group that I include myself in
    Hey Noway2, I would dare say that you are no longer in the middle. You are here on a "gun board" trying to learn. That puts you ahead of the rest.

The thing is that in order to persuade these groups, which we must in order to be successful, the message needs to come through organizations that they trust or at least see as not being a special interest stake holder.
    Negative. In order to persuade anyone in those groups that would be persuaded, its usually as simple as telling them the truth. The truth will stand when all other reasoning fails. If a group that they trust has an agenda that is anti-gun, they must be exposed for what they are. I can show you several doctors that cut all ties with the CDC when they found out what their agenda really was. It had little to do with Disease.

As far as moderation....what has it gotten us other than some ridiculous and oppresive gun law? The gains that the various states have accomplished have not happened because of MODERATION...it happened because someone took a stance and worked at it. These people were anything but MODERATE...in fact, listening to some of the early articles that opposed what they were doing referred to them as dangerous radicals trying to stir the pot.

Moderation brings nothing other than mediocrity. Activism is what changes things. The silent majority is exactly that...silent.
    zacii likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by walleye View Post
    It's not gun control, it's a study. Why do you think a study from anywhere has a bias. You'd have to show evidence of that. The study here, does not show overwhelming danger from gun use. It shows a danger. Not accepting what IS is the mark of bias.

CDC's studies of death/injury from car accidents show a great danger. Is that due to anti-car bias. Of course not, any study from anywhere shows the same.

Accusing anyone or any organization for bias because their data indicate something you'd rather not have true, is ....... bias.
    The CDC studies public health. Death from disease or accident gives the country a basis for prioritizing action in the public's health - and sometimes gives a warning call that a hazard to health exits that was not known to be at the time. "Disease Control" ? You believe injury which seriously interrupts normal physical equilibrium should not be studied unless it is caused by a biological organism? The only reason you insist on that, instead of welcoming study from any event that does the same to a significant degree, is because you don't like the gun part. Not a good reason. Next time, say, in study of any radioactive damage from nuclear plants, tell them to stop it in your area when they announce there are levels that are extreme and lethal. Tell them they have no business doing that because it's not a disease.
    The CDC, the AMA, and the Academy of Pediatrics ARE anti-gun! They have been anti-gun for more than 4 decades that I am personally aware of.
    They have softened their approach of late, but make no mistake, they are anti-gun. Simply because a wolf dons sheeps clothing, does not mean it is no longer a wolf.

In the interest of the "softer" approach, they have now adopted the "Children that are victims of gun violence" theme, after all who would not be concerned about children, right? Make no mistake, the "children" they include in their study is anyone under 21. They include the 17 year old gang banger that is shot and killed while participating in a drive by. They include the 19 year old armed robber who was shot dead by a store owner during a robbery. They include the 20 year old shot dead by police during the commission of a felony. They take all of these and lump them in with little Jimmy and Johnny who find Dad's gun, and a tradgedy occurs. The NRA has pointed this out countless times in the wake of CDC "studies".
    Their studies combine flawed logic with contrived figures to further their agenda.
    They are not interested in truth, or public safety, or even childrens safety, they are only interested in pushing their agenda, and continuing to recieve their "grants" to bankroll their meaningless jobs.

"Hot Guns" was very much right when he said gun control is all about power. Our government knows that when our guns are gone they can shove ANYTHING down our throats and we will be helpless to do anything about it or to stop it.
    Take a lesson from history and look at pre-WWII Germany under Hitler. If you've ever wondered why all the "good people" of Germany stood by while the atrocities were committed, it's because they had been disarmed and were helpless to stop them.

If you do no learn from the past, history has a way of repeating itself.
    dV8r likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    I just recieved this email from the NRA...more proof how well gun control works...

NRA-ILA GRASSROOTS ALERT
    Vol. 18, No. 33 08/12/11

UK Mayhem Leaves Disarmed
    Citizens at the Mercy of Criminals

By now you have seen the headlines and images of destruction: the rioting, looting, violent assaults, and arson. London and other UK cities look like war zones and their citizens are afraid to venture out, because the danger is very real. Itís a view of the temporary breakdown of society. It is gut check time; a time when the concept of being able to defend oneself gives way to the stark reality that few viable options to do so exist.
    Gun laws in the UK are among the most restrictive in the world. In March of 1996, a deranged man walked into a school in Dunblane, Scotland and killed 16 children and one teacher. In the aftermath of this tragedy, British politicians sought to reduce violent crime by enacting a ban on all handguns. Handgun owners were given a February 1998 deadline to turn in their firearms--and they did. The UK was supposed to become a much safer place--but dramatic increases in crime following the gun ban proved it didn't.

A July 3, 2009, Daily Mail article reported that "Britain's violent crime record is worse than any other country in the European Union, it has been revealed. Official crime figures show the U.K. also has a worse rate for all types of violence than the U.S. and even South Africa."
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links