Gun Rights Win in Florida

This is a discussion on Gun Rights Win in Florida within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun Rights Win in Florida: State Law Will End Local Restrictions | TheBlaze.com I want to pass this along to you, it's about time the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Gun Rights Win in Florida

Gun Rights Win in Florida: State Law Will End Local Restrictions | TheBlaze.com

I want to pass this along to you, it's about time the local authorities started to abide by the state laws.
    Copperjacket likes this.
    SSG US Army (RET)

Florida is gettin it right.

+ 1,000,000 for Flroida.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

VIP Member
    I like Florida more and more, all the time.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding. Some municipality will still try to flex their anemic muscle, then we'll see if the state law takes care of it.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding. Some municipality will still try to flex their anemic muscle, then we'll see if the state law takes care of it.
    come 10/1 it will be costly for some local official to flout the law 5k fine per violation and people can be held personally responsible

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I like Florida more and more, all the time.
    If it really was paradise, then all the native Floridians that I know (like myself and my wife) wouldn't be yearning to move to North Carolina. We live in the extreme southern end of the state in the Miami area and believe me, it's not all that awesome. For many years we were like Texas used to be under democratic political leadership with a patchwork of anti-gun local and state laws. But now we're the GUNSHINE STATE in that respect and I'm forever looking for something similar in an area with mountains.
    hogdaddy likes this.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    If it really was paradise, then all the native Floridians that I know (like myself and my wife) wouldn't be yearning to move to North Carolina. We live in the extreme southern end of the state in the Miami area and believe me, it's not all that awesome. For many years we were like Texas used to be under democratic political leadership with a patchwork of anti-gun local and state laws. But now we're the GUNSHINE STATE in that respect and I'm forever looking for something similar in an area with mountains.
    Yes, south Florida is pretty lame, and I would never want to live there. However, Florida is definitely, proactively pursuing more freedoms for it's residents. Gun rights have definitely been a priority in the past year. Rick Scott seems to be really trying to get things back on track (from what I see on the news, every now and then).

Cool

You have to be north of Lake Okeechobee to get into the real Florida (Orlando not included) and that is slowly slipping to the wayside.

My daughter lives in Alachua and and I really enjoy visiting there. The local sheriff has firearms training classes for civilians.

I am sure the new state ruling will move us up a space or two in the next Brady Bunch ratings.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Yes, south Florida is pretty lame, and I would never want to live there. However, Florida is definitely, proactively pursuing more freedoms for it's residents. Gun rights have definitely been a priority in the past year. Rick Scott seems to be really trying to get things back on track (from what I see on the news, every now and then).
    Scott has done everything he said he would, so far, with no surprises. He's pro-gun and pro-life and is doing his best to bring fiscal responsibility to the State. But the news is covered with what a poor approval rating he has, (35% this week, up 8 points from a couple of weeks ago) I don't understand either. Unless the news is just "sour grapes" from the liberals.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

there are plenty of NY type liberals in FLA, too bad we couldn't reprogram them when they apply for a drivers license

Quote Originally Posted by runningwater View Post
    Gun Rights Win in Florida: State Law Will End Local Restrictions | TheBlaze.com

I want to pass this along to you, it's about time the local authorities started to abide by the state laws.
    Definitely a good thing
    BUT it may have to be fought one county at a time. Check out Florida Carry and consider joining to help them ferret out the recalcitrant counties and make them follow the law.
    Click here for details Preemption Issues

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    there are plenty of NY type liberals in FLA, too bad we couldn't reprogram them when they apply for a drivers license
    No kidding.

Palm Beach, Dade and Broward counties have been largely lost to hyper-liberal transplants from the N.E., particularly NY/NJ. Doing what I can down here in Palm Beach county and hoping the rest of the state isn't in such demographic disrepair.
    كافر AMERICAN INFIDEL كافر

Quote Originally Posted by 5POINT56 View Post
    No kidding.

Palm Beach, Dade and Broward counties have been largely lost to hyper-liberal transplants from the N.E., particularly NY/NJ. Doing what I can down here in Palm Beach county and hoping the rest of the state isn't in such demographic disrepair.
    that's why when I came to FLA I avoided places where the "sophisticated" (haha) new york types went to, while every other person in my area is not from FLA the people here seem to be cut from a different cloth.

now they need to add an amendment to the constitution saying the same thing. a fine for those that pass laws in violation of the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    now they need to add an amendment to the constitution saying the same thing. a fine for those that pass laws in violation of the constitution.
    why? the law now specifies the penalties for having or enacting laws in violation of the preemption statute

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links