12 member super congress threat to 2nd amendment

This is a discussion on 12 member super congress threat to 2nd amendment within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The newly created 12 member super congress is a huge threat to the 2nd amendment. Check out this website: Congress to decide whether Super Congress ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bombsaway
  • 2 Post By Hopyard

Thread: 12 member super congress threat to 2nd amendment

12 member super congress threat to 2nd amendment

The newly created 12 member super congress is a huge threat to the 2nd amendment. Check out this website: Congress to decide whether Super Congress could impose gun control
    capwiz.com

2. Remove Ads

take-action Sorry this is it.

Wish I still believed that writing and calling my representatives worked. Seems like they just do what they want to do anymore.
    mr.stuart likes this.

I know how you feel, but its all we have so I do what I can do. Millions of people cant be ignored that Im sure of.

VIP Member
    I didn't see much of anything at all at the url.

Highly doubt that the Super Committee is going to have time to deal with anything but budgets and economic matters. Or the inclination.

The post, sorry to say, sounds like more paranoid & tin foil hat thinking than anything else.
    atctimmy and JDE101 like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

This committee was developed to protect and distance the elected officials from the voters. It gives them a way to get what they want done without having to vote on it. It gives them deny-ability. In that respect it would be a good way to enact more regulations on the citizens. The people gave congress the power to make laws and that same congress shirked their duty by creating unelected agencies to do it for them. Then during the next election they tell us how if elected they will protect us from those agencies that they created to hide behind.

Michael

Don't think there is anything to worry about. 2nd Amend is firmly established and validated. But there is still much work to do.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Don't think there is anything to worry about. 2nd Amend is firmly established and validated. But there is still much work to do.
    The Constitution and Bill of Rights is under attack by obummers puppet masters, the global bankers and UN. Its this way of thinking that leads to tyranny.

The recently voted in tea party candidates from the last election were found to be gaining too much political ground. So, this so called "super committee" was formed in order to make it harder for any tea party backed legislation to make it to the floor for a vote. This "super committee" is nothing more than an act of "circling the wagons" by the two party system to preserve the status quo.

Doesn't anyone find it rather suspicious that there are no tea party supporters on this committee?

In this political climate, we need to stay vigilant about anything having to do with 2A rights. It's only going to get worse before it gets better.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway View Post
    Wish I still believed that writing and calling my representatives worked. Seems like they just do what they want to do anymore.
    This is so true.They do as they wish,and smile all the way.This has been building up for over 100 years.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

mel
    I am not a Constitutional Scholar by any means, and I can understand the need to work outside the box when it comes to solving problems. However this really sounds like a situation where the people in Congress are passing the buck. In addition I think that by allowing a small group to decide, and limited/no representation by all of the elected officials isn't Constitutional. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrown75 View Post
    I know how you feel, but its all we have so I do what I can do. Millions of people cant be ignored that Im sure of.
    They have ignored us this long and will continue to do so till...
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    The recently voted in tea party candidates from the last election were found to be gaining too much political ground. So, this so called "super committee" was formed in order to make it harder for any tea party backed legislation to make it to the floor for a vote. This "super committee" is nothing more than an act of "circling the wagons" by the two party system to preserve the status quo.

Doesn't anyone find it rather suspicious that there are no tea party supporters on this committee?

In this political climate, we need to stay vigilant about anything having to do with 2A rights. It's only going to get worse before it gets better.
    I hope you're right...I'm afraid it's only going to get worse before it gets worse.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I really resent having any group (even those which I agree with in general principle) telling me to sign this or sign that, "this is your position too." The NRA does it, the GOA does it, AARP does it, Cancer societies do it... everybody does it...

So they either print them, mail 'em, fax 'em, or email 'em and they get ignored... Why? Because those in government are experts in "paperwork." For all the paper you try to bury them in... they just use that paper or their own, to cover their fannies...

Sometimes handwritten notes have a real effect.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights is under attack by obummers puppet masters, the global bankers and UN. Its this way of thinking that leads to tyranny.
    Those "puppet masters" were Bush's and Clinton's and Reagan's too... only the puppet changes... Who's pulling the strings doesn't.

This is why I advocate voting everybody out every chance you get... even your own prize senator/representative. Over time it may have 2 effects... making the puppets realize they work for us not the puppet masters, and tiring out the puppet masters themselves, since every puppet requires slightly different controls.

Thanks for sharing though...
    It could be worse.
    A law that burdens the exercise of an enumerated constitutional right by simply making that right more difficult to exercise cannot be considered “reasonably adapted” to a government interest, no matter how substantial that interest may be.
    Wollard V Sheridan

Links