Rick Perry and Guns

This is a discussion on Rick Perry and Guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yea...the kid was on a roll there, I was ready to click the "like" button, till I got to the line where he said he ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Rick Perry and Guns

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Yea...the kid was on a roll there, I was ready to click the "like" button, till I got to the line where he said he agrees with sensible gun laws...
    He's making progress though.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

The republicans could run mickey mouse against obama and I would vote for the mouse.No way i am going third party to make a statement and get four more years of this mugabe style african dictator.
    mr surveyor, vn6869 and TN_Mike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianator View Post
    IMO Perry is a great candidate for President. He has his stuff, but overall I like his views on guns, abortion, military, etc...

We shall see what happens.
    Perry has attended Bilderberg meetings. He is owned by the globalist bankers. He saw Ron Paul was doing great with his views so perry started aping him. Read this article to learn about his real background; 14 Reasons Why Rick Perry Would Be A Really, Really Bad President Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoseal View Post
    LOL @ you.

Read my post. 1st I am aware it is shall issue. 2nd Let me paraphrase because people do not read twice and then post on the internet. They just read half of it and then make a fool out of them selves.

I said Why is it that the (Ill add this) Media thinks oh its okay for the Gov to own a concealed weapon, but when its a regular little ole' citizen the "Media" makes a big shabang out of it and thinks we are all terrorist or rednecks with guns?

There is that better. DO NOT EVER TELL ME TO GET MY FACTS STRAIGHT AGAIN - I dont like to be corrected with capitalized letters. Its disrespectful on our forum here boy.
    I won't tell you to get your facts straight.

I'll just tell you to learn how to communicate with sentence structure above a sixth grade education.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrown75 View Post
    Perry has attended Bilderberg meetings. He is owned by the globalist bankers. He saw Ron Paul was doing great with his views so perry started aping him. Read this article to learn about his real background; 14 Reasons Why Rick Perry Would Be A Really, Really Bad President Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    And Alex Jones gets it wrong again!
    Just to touch on a few of his 14 points.....
    #1 State spending is less than double what it was ten years before. Many states are at about triple what they were ten years earlier. I have not been able to find one where spending increases propertionally were lower than Texas.
    #2 Forbes in January of 2010 gave Texas' debt a 4 star (out of 4) rating. It ranked Texas as #4 in the country. Also if you click on the link in the Jones piece it shows the debt per person as being over $1,600 less than is stated in the piece and the debt to GDP is at 18.51% which is about middle of the road.
    #3 Go back to debt clock link in his piece and watch the debt number. Notice how it is going down? Also, for comparison California has about five times the debt Texas does, and Maryland while significantly smaller in size and population than Texas has about 2/3 the gross public debt (courtesy of governmentspending.com) Texas has. What has happened to the economy over all since 2000?
    #6 And of all the jobs created in the United States in the last couple of years more than half have been in Texas.
    #9 Texas has independant school districts that set curriculums and teacher salaries and performance standards.
    #11 And Texas has the second lowest cost of living of any state in the country too.
    #12 Governor Perry has ordered state assets to be deployed to border areas to do the job the feds are unable or unwilling to do.
    #13 That is just #11 again

And yes, he did support Gore way back when. Way back when he was a Democrat. People can learn from their mistakes.

ETA: And Governor Perry has publicly stated he thinks anyone with a CHL should be able to carry anywhere in the state.
    vn6869, Buckj, TN_Mike and 1 others like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    I'm just glad to see an argument on this forum that doesn't involve me in some way.

^^^^LMAO^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    I don't know where he stands on every issue, but Perry is staunchly pro-gun. I wouldn't have a problem with him replacing that totally incompetent, morally bankrupt, fiscally inept, half wit currently occupying the White House.

^^^^^If I didn't know better, you sound as though you like the guy from Texas, a little better than the guy from Ill.

Nonetheless, I would agree with you!!!!!!!!!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

America doesn't deserve the government that it has. America has the government that it deserves. Americans vote.

Just FYI, Jesse Ventura, while Governor of Minnesota, also had a CCW and carried.

Perry sounds good so far, let's see what develops. The more the lame stream media hates him the more I like him. . . .
    bigmacque and TN_Mike like this.

Initially I wasn't too impressed with Perry but the more research I do on him the more I am starting to warm up to him. I love his stand on the 2A. He seems to have some good ideas on other issues and the fact that he carries is just icing on the cake.

Plus, Texas is one of the states I'd be more than happy to move to so he must be doing something right.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    As to his 2A stance he seems pretty decent, at least to this point. There are few other things that make me really not happy, but those are outside the scope of this forum.
    I'll just say this, supporting one set of rights, and not others is not what I want.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

OD*
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Says a lot, doesn't it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    I don't know where he stands on every issue, but Perry is staunchly pro-gun. I wouldn't have a problem with him replacing that totally incompetent, morally bankrupt, fiscally inept, half wit currently occupying the White House.
    Amen

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Says a lot, doesn't it.
    Sadly it does.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I won't tell you to get your facts straight.

I'll just tell you to learn how to communicate with sentence structure above a sixth grade education.
    +1 Well said.
    "Evil prospers when good men and women do nothing" - British citizen

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links